Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Dang it... ETA

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I dont know what else to do. I exercise 4 times a week a hour to hour & a half each time. Carbs are cut, sugar is cut, I dont eat dairy due to medical reasons. I eat 3 small meals a day and snack on carrots mid morning & late afternoon. I have a small treat at the end of the night most of the time its fruit. Yet I have gained back the pound I shed after birth. Before birth I weighed 178lbs, after birth I was 148lbs, at my 6 week check up I weighed 160 :(

Anyone have any ideas on how else I can loose this stubborn weight? My exercise routine varies day by day. Yoga, walking, dance (zumba), gym (bikes, treadmills, that step thing)

ETA:

I havent breastfed my 2 month old since he was 19 days old

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I would bet you need to eat more calories.  Google "BMR" and how to calculate it, add in exercise, and you'll see.  Not eating enough calories to satisfy your BMR will put your body into starvation mode and cause metabolic damage.  yes, it happens.

JRSMOM0621
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Okay so that is done... is there a site that calculates how much calories I eat daily? or an app?

Quoting michiganmom116:

I would bet you need to eat more calories.  Google "BMR" and how to calculate it, add in exercise, and you'll see.  Not eating enough calories to satisfy your BMR will put your body into starvation mode and cause metabolic damage.  yes, it happens.

michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

myfitnesspal.com

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Okay so that is done... is there a site that calculates how much calories I eat daily? or an app?

Quoting michiganmom116:

ScrChk23
by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Do you have any protein in your diet?

JRSMOM0621
by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Yes. I normally either have pork, steak or fish. I ate a ton of chicken while pregnant and I lost the taste for it. The portion is normally about the size of my hand (per dr recommendation)

Quoting ScrChk23:

ScrChk23
by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Have you talked to the doctor, dietitian or a nutritionist?  I agree with Michigan Mom.  I'm not sure you are getting enough calories or carbs.  You do need some carbs in your diet.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Yes. I normally either have pork, steak or fish. I ate a ton of chicken while pregnant and I lost the taste for it. The portion is normally about the size of my hand (per dr recommendation)

Quoting ScrChk23:

JRSMOM0621
by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Since asking how to plan appropriate size meals? No but I also go back in next month for a chicken pox vacs. I'll be sure to talk to him again.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Have you talked to the doctor, dietitian or a nutritionist?  I agree with Michigan Mom.  I'm not sure you are getting enough calories or carbs.  You do need some carbs in your diet.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting ScrChk23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN