Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Essential oils - brands/differences - PIOG

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 9:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

Does anyone here use essential oils for medicinal treatments?

I'm curious as to the difference in brands: DoTerra, Young Living, and Mountain Rose Herbs. MRH is so much less expensive than the other 2, and I have to wonder if there's a difference in quality, or if the price difference is purely advertising/marketing. Anyone have experience?

Also, is it okay to mix brands? If I wanted to try out some from YL and MRH, would it be harmful to use them side-by-side?

by on May. 19, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mom2the.rescue
by Member on May. 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM

a coworker is very familiar with them.  She said DoTerra is a good brand.  I've also tried some at our local health store, their brand (natureworks) and one that starts with an a.  I like the DoTerra best myself so far.  Haven't used so much for medicinal purposes, but will be tried Vertiver on my ADHD son soon...if he lets me :)

mom2the.rescue
by Member on May. 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Also, I was working in the garden yesterday and some crappy bugs kept attacking me.  When I went inside for a break (b/c that job is hella tiring and the toddler needed food), I rubbed lemon grass eo on my arms & neck.  The bugs stopped attacking those spots, but kept going at my legs and face.  Ugh.  If I had the energy, I would have gone back inside and rubbed that stuff all over me lol.

adamsmom0116
by New Member on May. 22, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Good to know about the lemongrass. I actually have a bottle of that! Also, I found this. It's from Young Living but I don't know why you couldn't use a different brand of oils.

Bug Repellent Recipe:

25-30 drops of the following (IDK if that means 25-30 drops each or total): Purification, Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus radiata, geranium. Fill the bottle with 3 oz water.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Also, I was working in the garden yesterday and some crappy bugs kept attacking me.  When I went inside for a break (b/c that job is hella tiring and the toddler needed food), I rubbed lemon grass eo on my arms & neck.  The bugs stopped attacking those spots, but kept going at my legs and face.  Ugh.  If I had the energy, I would have gone back inside and rubbed that stuff all over me lol.

momofsixangels
by on May. 24, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I would love to try some. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)