Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Essential oils - brands/differences - PIOG

Posted by on May. 19, 2014 at 9:15 AM
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone here use essential oils for medicinal treatments?

I'm curious as to the difference in brands: DoTerra, Young Living, and Mountain Rose Herbs. MRH is so much less expensive than the other 2, and I have to wonder if there's a difference in quality, or if the price difference is purely advertising/marketing. Anyone have experience?

Also, is it okay to mix brands? If I wanted to try out some from YL and MRH, would it be harmful to use them side-by-side?

by on May. 19, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mom2the.rescue
by Member on May. 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM

a coworker is very familiar with them.  She said DoTerra is a good brand.  I've also tried some at our local health store, their brand (natureworks) and one that starts with an a.  I like the DoTerra best myself so far.  Haven't used so much for medicinal purposes, but will be tried Vertiver on my ADHD son soon...if he lets me :)

mom2the.rescue
by Member on May. 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Also, I was working in the garden yesterday and some crappy bugs kept attacking me.  When I went inside for a break (b/c that job is hella tiring and the toddler needed food), I rubbed lemon grass eo on my arms & neck.  The bugs stopped attacking those spots, but kept going at my legs and face.  Ugh.  If I had the energy, I would have gone back inside and rubbed that stuff all over me lol.

adamsmom0116
by New Member on May. 22, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Good to know about the lemongrass. I actually have a bottle of that! Also, I found this. It's from Young Living but I don't know why you couldn't use a different brand of oils.

Bug Repellent Recipe:

25-30 drops of the following (IDK if that means 25-30 drops each or total): Purification, Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus radiata, geranium. Fill the bottle with 3 oz water.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Also, I was working in the garden yesterday and some crappy bugs kept attacking me.  When I went inside for a break (b/c that job is hella tiring and the toddler needed food), I rubbed lemon grass eo on my arms & neck.  The bugs stopped attacking those spots, but kept going at my legs and face.  Ugh.  If I had the energy, I would have gone back inside and rubbed that stuff all over me lol.

momofsixangels
by on May. 24, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I would love to try some. 

oilymom11
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I use and sell Young Living. I love love love them for myself and my family. I wouldn't talk bad about other companies. I just know for sure that YL oils do NOT expire and they are ingestable. I'm not sure if you can use them with another company together. I'd imagine they wouldn't recommend it. If you're interested or have questions you can message me! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)