Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Hey everybody!

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

My name is Angie and I am a mother of two children. Although some would assume I am healthy just because how petite I am, I truly am not. Recently I have become active in wanting to be healthy. I started going for walks (2 miles every other day) and minor exercises for at least 40 minutes a day.  I also know that exercise is not the only way to live healthy. I HATE vegetables. As a child, I was never forced to try vegetables, but when i did I did not like their texture or taste; so I just grew not to like them. Recently I have been trying to force myself to eat for vegetables. I have been very interested in making my body more alkaline, but I have to admit it is very intimidating. I noticed all the meats, chicken, and fish are only the acidic side, and all the vegetables and fruits are on the alkaline side. I heard though that is is truly a balancing act. For instance for every acidic food item, add two alkaline items. Anybody have any good recipes or advice?

P.S. --> Thank god my kids arent like me. They love almost every vegetable.

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
seaturtle1
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:17 PM

I am the opposite of you I hate fruit.  My son is not a fan of both but we try hard to give them to him anyway.  I wish I knew how to balance your tummy.  The only thing I can think of is no dairy as it taxes the stomach a lot.  And take a good probiotic.  I am little to and unhealthy but that is because I have health challenges that are preventing me from getting healthier.  I wish you luck on your journey.

diiamondmomma
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Thanks so much! You seem super nice. I have a bunch of health issue that have aroused from me not eating healthy, so that is why I am taking this head on.

Quoting seaturtle1:

I am the opposite of you I hate fruit.  My son is not a fan of both but we try hard to give them to him anyway.  I wish I knew how to balance your tummy.  The only thing I can think of is no dairy as it taxes the stomach a lot.  And take a good probiotic.  I am little to and unhealthy but that is because I have health challenges that are preventing me from getting healthier.  I wish you luck on your journey.

seaturtle1
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Good for you for taking this head on.  Being sick is the worst and if you can change it good for you.  God bless you on your journey.

Quoting diiamondmomma:

Thanks so much! You seem super nice. I have a bunch of health issue that have aroused from me not eating healthy, so that is why I am taking this head on.

Quoting seaturtle1:

whoodathunk
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:33 PM

You're a big girl now, eat your veggies!  Just like a kid, it doesn't matter if you don't want to or don't like the taste or texture, you do it because it's good for you.  Eventually, you'll learn to tolerate or even like them.  Try raw, blanched, cooked or soft...use dip, butter or cheese to start and eventually take them out. 

lizlaughlove
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:15 AM

I love veggies! I could eat salad every day. Depending on what I have on hand, I sautee any combination of yellow squash, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers in olive oil and sea salt. That's one of my favorite ways to eat them. That method works well for fresh spinach as well. You can add corn or mushrooms to chili. I've started adding chopped squash along with all the other stuff to spaghetti sauce. I add shredded carrots and cucumbers to tuna salad. I try to find ways to add vegetables to most of my dishes. Replace spaghetti pasta with spaghetti squash. Gets rid of carbs while adding nutrition. allrecipes.com and bhg.com have great recipes.

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Hi Angie!! Thats good that your trying to better your health

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)