Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

stomach pains TMI *update*

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM
  • 6 Replies
IM having very intense pains.. more lik gas pains and a burning sensation like IM hungry in the middle of my abdomen, slightly above belly button. I took beano even though I didn't eat around 3 or 4. took a shower. then not too long ago I took 4 Childrens pepto tablets.. its all I have. then after that I took 2 more at different times. IM drinking peppermint tea. IM trying to go to the bathroom, pass gas and burp. nothing is working the pains are just worse. I try rubbing or putting pressure on it. IM drinking water and I put a cold cloth on my face and neck.. I feel like IM getting a hot flash or something. IM trying to rest but baby is all over the place. please help.. any other remedies.

* finally went to docs today. told her about my pains and she said maybe gastritis and before that she said stomach inflammation I think. she wants to get a stool sample. and after mentioning my constant headaches and nausea she wants to get blood work done.
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Memere60
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:41 PM

My husband had similar pains, and it ended up being diverticulitis. He spent a week in the hospital, and came very close to having surgery. Please go to the doc. Good luck.hugging

aztecqueen22
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 5:28 PM
glad no surgery.. is he better? what exactly is it? I looked at symptom checker and it was mostly gastritis or ulcer and more. but IM def going to doc. I have appt 2moro.. IM just not sure of her BC she uses her phone for answers.

Quoting Memere60:

My husband had similar pains, and it ended up being diverticulitis. He spent a week in the hospital, and came very close to having surgery. Please go to the doc. Good luck.hugging

Memere60
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 7:03 AM

It is when little pockets form in the intestines. If something gets caught in a pocket, it becomes inflamed. My husband went to the doc, and she gave him a suppository and said if it didn't help, call her in a few hours. It didn't help, and when he called, no one called us back. My husband made the decision to go to the ER, and he NEVER does anything that drastic. I have Crohn's disease, and had 3 colon resections (it's an inflammatory bowel disease). I was very surprised at how seriously they treated my husband's problem. He is much better now, but he has to be careful with corn, seeds, nuts. The day before this happened to him, I had made a corn casserole. He loved it so much, he had 3 helpings. Guess one of the pieces of corn got stuck in there. I hope things get better for you.  Please let us know :)

Quoting aztecqueen22: glad no surgery.. is he better? what exactly is it? I looked at symptom checker and it was mostly gastritis or ulcer and more. but IM def going to doc. I have appt 2moro.. IM just not sure of her BC she uses her phone for answers.
Quoting Memere60:

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Youn really need to see the dr.Hope it all goes well

healthymom46
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 7:31 AM

My sister had many problems like that and she went to different doctors but nothing really helped her that much. She didn't want to get surgery and so she heard of this naturopath doctor that has a good rep and she went to him. She found out she was gluten and lactose intolerrant. She cut out gluten and dairy and is just fine now. She buys raw cheese or raw milk at the farmers market. That he told her was allowed. Don't know if gluten can be the cause of your pains. But it would be worth checking out. 

aztecqueen22
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:57 PM
thank u i will def talk to my doc about it

Quoting healthymom46:

My sister had many problems like that and she went to different doctors but nothing really helped her that much. She didn't want to get surgery and so she heard of this naturopath doctor that has a good rep and she went to him. She found out she was gluten and lactose intolerrant. She cut out gluten and dairy and is just fine now. She buys raw cheese or raw milk at the farmers market. That he told her was allowed. Don't know if gluten can be the cause of your pains. But it would be worth checking out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)