Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Need help on Supplements

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

What kind of supplement a 35-55 year old (i am shy to tell my age) woman like me should take to improve my lifestyle? IF you are in my situation what supplement you will be looking for?. for example supplement for stamina, energy, sleep, bone health, Hair and Nails, Multivitamins, Menopause, Bone Health, Skin Care, Sex Drive, Stress, Sleep, Brain Health, Aging etc?. I dont wanna go to a doctor I need answers from personal experiences..

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
healthymom46
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm 47 yrs. old and I take black cohosh for pre-menopause & pms symptoms. I take a "female multiple" supplement by Solgar. Solgar also has a supplement called skin, hair and nails. For younger looking skin I find solgar's vit. E oil really good. Really hydrates my skin. You can read the reviews on amazon. For brain health take a good omega 3 and for bone health vit. D3 like 5,000 iu a day.

Eating a healthy diet will definitely really help. Lots of fruit, veggies, raw nuts.. Apples and avocados are super to eat daily. If you can afford it go to a naturopath doctor and they will tell you exactly the kind of vitamins you need and what to eat and what not to. That would probably be your safe bet. You can get a good referral if you ask your ocal health food store.

P.S. don't forget to drink lots of water (8-10 glasses) a day. And make sure the salt you use in your cooking it is "organic" sea salt or himalayan salt.

Abueleeta
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Hi i am 59 grandmother and I take Nutrilite for women a dietary supplemt  that has a multi tablet, Cal mag D Advance tablet, and Ocean Essentails plus Complex tablet for your hair, skin, nails, plus I have been taking Primrose forever for the skin I have beens  taking this for a few years and its wonderful plus I always use a moisturizer from a Co., out of Japan ( DHC). And then there is also Macca its natural it will regulate metabolism, Natural energizer, Mood & overall sense of well being, Sexual stimulant, and anti-againg, womderful!!! THERE is so much more go to the Vatmin Shop or just research it on the net.

JenHoward
by New Member on Sep. 21, 2014 at 3:03 PM

I am 47 and have done a ton of research on vitamins. I found that MOST are not formulated to work with our bodies so we end up paying for something that is doing nothing for us. I found a company that has patents on their brand and even has a 90 day challenge where if you don't see noticable improvement, they refund your $ - No questions asked! I have started taking Omega -3's as they are so important for brain health. Vitamins are so important for living a longer healthier life. Just make sure you choose the right ones :) Hope this helps!!

http://youtu.be/3XdmRPutC5s

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)