Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Living Healthy Living

Food transitioning

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:51 PM
  • 2 Replies
We are trying to transition Lo (almost 14 mo) away from formula, but he will only eat jar purees & puffs (Earths Best Organic). It is getting expensive so l started making baby food using recipes from reputable baby food sites, but he won't eat homemade solids or puree combinations (2 foods). I've tasted them and they taste just like the jar food. He will eat about 3 bites from my plate, but that is it. How can l get him to eat more?

Also, his poops are a more pasty now. Is it because he isn't getting as much water as before? He has 3 different kind of sippy cups that he drinks water from, but he won't drink juice. He won't drink anything besides formula in his bottles.

I'm at a total loss. At almost 14 months he should be eating more food right? TIA
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
michiganmom116
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:12 AM

at 14 months old, does he have teeth?  If so, I wouldn't be making pureed foods.  Give him small pieces of real food that is soft, like bananas, cooked carrots and green beans, etc.  Toddlers usually have a natural curiosity to touch and taste everything they see so make it interesting.  Give him a bottle after a meal, not before.  I wouldn't worry about him not drinking juice....fruit juice is 100% sugar anyway.

Bowel movements are typically more pasty when solid foods are introduced.  I wouldn't worry about it unless he becomes constipated.

joanandgene
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Can you mix a little bit of your food to the earths organics food and with each feeding adding just a little more of your food and less of the store brought?   Eventually, you should be able to just offer him your own and have no more problems. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN