Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Welcome to the Family Meal Solutions group! Please introduce yourself.....

welcomeWelcome to the Family Meal Solutions group!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

To add a Family Meal Solutions signature to your posts, click here:  
Family Meal Solutions Signatures!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

eatingMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

Join us on the Family Meal Solutions group!

by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 6:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
AmosFarkle
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 4:42 PM

I'm Amy, and I live in NE Tennessee, about 4 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway.  My kids are grown, and two have kids of their own, so I don't often cook for a crowd anymore.  However, I used to cook for 100 every week at a church.  Looking forward to enjoying your company and recipes!

Larisa72
by Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 9:08 AM

I can't remember if I introduced myself or not, so here goes...

I'm Larisa, 38yo mom of 2, married for 14 years....and tired of wasting food and money!!  I originally did meal planning when we were barely making ends meet.  I got out of it for a while until I sat down and ran our budget one year....WAY too much being spent on groceries and WAY too much being thrown out.  So...I'm  back into meal planning again.

The problem is that some things get old and boring, so I need new ideas.  We have a few different ways I cook salmon and shrimp, several ways I cook chicken....but the kiddos get bored and fussy (they are 7 and 11, and now we are at the point of "you've had it before, now eat or go to bed hungry").  I don't like catering to individual tastes...but I don't overly season things so that they can add what they want...trouble is, they seem to think I'm a short-order cook.

On the plus side, they started having cooking lessons from me this summer, and we will be continuing them on the weekends now that school ahs started.  This way, they can start sharing in the meal preparations and see how things go when a recipe is a little off....DD already made one dish that was....well, tasteless and rather icky....we ate it, but we were NOT happy...even she thought it was horrible.  It's a learning experience, that's for sure...

anyway, that me....

stellarmom1
by Becca on Aug. 23, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Hey everyone! I'm Rebecca and I have two crazy kids ages 6 and 2! We are from the Northern Virginia area. I am a sahm and I enjoy to cook and experiment in the kitchen.  I'm a southern girl, so I love some good ole' southern food! I especially like to find ways to make my favorite foods more healthy!

Lindsi19
by Lindsi on Aug. 23, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Hello everyone! I am Lindsi, wife to a U.S. soldier and stay at home mom to Aidan (6) and Hannah (3). We are currently stationed at Fort Campbell and just bought our first home in northern Tennessee. I love to cook and am always looking for new recipes. I enjoy finding ways to make great meals on a budget. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

bigblueeyes
by Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 7:47 PM

welcome to the group larisa, rebecca and lindsi!....we look forward to getting to know you and sharing new recipes with you!

dkaam05
by Kristina on Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Hi Everyone!  I'm Kristina from Pennsylvania.  I have 3 wonderful children.  I love to cook, swap recipes and learn new ways to say money on grocery shopping.

bigblueeyes
by Member on Aug. 24, 2011 at 4:40 PM

welcome to the group, kristina!....we look forward to getting to know you and sharing recipes and tips!!!

Denversmommy
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Hey ya'all Im Heather, mom of 1 very rowdy 4 1/2 yr old named denver. I live in Lancaster, Ca. I love cooking and any new ideas are awesome!

bigblueeyes
by Member on Aug. 26, 2011 at 4:00 PM

welcome heather!.....i've discovered that allllllll boys in the 3 - 6 (7)yr age range are verrrrrrrrrrrrry active!!!!!!!!!!!.....lol.....i thought it was just mine til i really started watching!.....lol....feels so good to not be alone!....lol

Quoting Denversmommy:

Hey ya'all Im Heather, mom of 1 very rowdy 4 1/2 yr old named denver. I live in Lancaster, Ca. I love cooking and any new ideas are awesome!

Chaos-of-3
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2011 at 1:58 AM

my name is rose. i have 2 daughters,one nearly 4 and the other 2. I am expecting a boy in dec. i'm from CA gold country/cental foothills.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN