Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Comfort Food

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:07 AM
  • 9 Replies

What is your go too comfort food?

by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Aug. 16, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Well, spaghetti is my all-time fav.  But Cabbage Soup is one I find keeps calling me back to the pot on a cool Fall or cold Winter day.

Soups are my "thing".  Homemade Tomato Soups, White Chicken Chili, Vegetable Beef Stoup....

Mommee42boyz
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 3:18 PM
Soup and tea scream relaxation to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
txmom-o-3
by Kathy on Aug. 16, 2011 at 6:55 PM

I'm weird,  when I've had a super stressful day, my favorite comfort food is home made mac-n-cheese and some brussel sprouts......lol

txmom-o-3
by Kathy on Aug. 16, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Quoting AmosFarkle:

Well, spaghetti is my all-time fav.  But Cabbage Soup is one I find keeps calling me back to the pot on a cool Fall or cold Winter day.

Soups are my "thing".  Homemade Tomato Soups, White Chicken Chili, Vegetable Beef Stoup....

I love soups.  I make them a lot and out of just about anything.  Living here where it's so hot I've gotten to where I like cold soups too.

AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Tx, I've never tried a cold soup, like gaspacho (sp?).  I've seen a lot of recipes for different cold things, and somehow I can't wrap my taste buds around them in my mind.  How did you get accustomed to cold soups?

txmom-o-3
by Kathy on Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Quoting AmosFarkle:

Tx, I've never tried a cold soup, like gaspacho (sp?).  I've seen a lot of recipes for different cold things, and somehow I can't wrap my taste buds around them in my mind.  How did you get accustomed to cold soups?

Gazpacho is really good.  And when it's 104 and higher for 51 days straight, and you're a/c was out for 3 weeks of that time .... you love cold soups that don't require any cooking ........LOL

My husband actually was the one who began requesting I make gazpacho, cold borscht, and cucumber soup a few years ago.  I think they were dishes he grew up with living in Europe.  I found I really liked them as well.  It can get so hot here in the summer and a light cool meal is nice.

Family4Eternity
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Food in general. lol Not big on chocolate but homemade cookies are a big one for me.

AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Quoting txmom-o-3:

Quoting AmosFarkle:

Gazpacho is really good.  And when it's 104 and higher for 51 days straight, and you're a/c was out for 3 weeks of that time .... you love cold soups that don't require any cooking ........LOL

My husband actually was the one who began requesting I make gazpacho, cold borscht, and cucumber soup a few years ago.  I think they were dishes he grew up with living in Europe.  I found I really liked them as well.  It can get so hot here in the summer and a light cool meal is nice.

Do you have a good recipe for gazpacho?  I can't see myself doing borscht (the only beets I like are the pickled ones...lol).  Cucumber...hmmm...maybe...

aneela
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:13 AM

i like potato soup lol...but i dont have one particular go to item

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)