Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your favorite Italian dish?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms the opportunity to enjoy the new dining experience at their local Fazoli's resturant. Fazoli's is a family-friendly restaurant complete with Italian cuisine, unlimited breadstick service and table service.

Click here to see if there is a Fazoli's near you. If there is not, visit Fazoli's on Facebook and tell them why you want one in your area.

Read what our influencer moms are saying about Fazoli's and then tell us your family's favorite Italian dish.

by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Replies (31-40):
SpurgeonMom
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 3:17 PM

All done! Yummm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tamidawn
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I edited my original reply on page one to include my review! :-)

caemommy
by Member on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM

We also live in Colorado and we went to the Colorado Springs, Austin Bluffs location on Saturday night. We went for an early dinner at around 5:30pm with me, my husband, our 7 yr old son, 5 yr old daughter and 6 month old baby (who doesn't eat solids yet!). I have driven by this location many times, but never have stopped. I have noticed that they have a drive thru which was appealing to me, but I didn't know what kind of food they had. The biggest downside to this Fazoli's is it's location in a really run-down and half empty strip mall. It was kind of disconcerting to look at the windows and see closed up shops. So curb appeal was pretty low.

It was nice inside! The man in front of me asked the cashier when they had remodelled and she thought about 6 months ago. We stood in line to order at the counter. Then we got a number to put on our table and they brought the food out to us. This is so great when you have multiple small children! It was serve yourself drinks, although my kids got milk that was given to us at the counter. The decor is overall nice, I like the posters. The tables seemed old to me though, like Pizza Hut tables from 70's!

We spent our whole $50 gift card (wanted to try a lot of things. We would not have ordered as much without the gift card) and got a ridiculous amount of food! Here is what we got:

I ordered: The Twice Baked Lasagna meal, which came with a drink, breadsticks and either a salad or a slice of pizza. I picked the salad. It was a very generous sized side salad with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. The lasagna was delicious! I also got the Cherry Almond Chicken salad. This was an entree sized salad with lettuce, red peppers, dried cherries, almonds, chicken, feta cheese and cherry vinagrette dressing. I am VERY particular about chicken in restaurants. I do not like weird chicken pieces. The chicken on this salad appeared to be a freshly grilled whole breast that was sliced for my salad. It was great. And the dressing was nice, not too sweet. I would order the salad again for sure, as an entree would be just fine.

Hubby ordered: The Chicken Parmigano meal, with a drink, breadsticks, and he chose a salad, too. He also ordered the Chicken Brocolli Florentine Flatbread pizza. He liked the Chicken Parmigano alot and said the Flatbread was just okay.

DS (age 7) ordered: Spaghetti with meat sauce, and we added Meatballs (they gave him three large meatballs) He ordered the adult size portion. He also got a bag of sliced apples. The apples were kind of silly. It was maybe 4 or 5 tiny slices. He loved his spaghetti, but didn't care for the meatballs. He said he wished they were the small kind. Now that I think about it, we ordered the meal for him, but they didn't give him a salad or slice of pizza as a side! He got milk as his drink. He scarfed down that whole plate of pasta!!

DD (age 5) ordered: The Kids meal Cheese Pizza Slice. She got milk. I was glad that my son had not ordered the kids pizza because it was not a very big slice! My daughter eats like a bird, so it was fine for her, but my son could have eaten 3 of those slices (and he's a small kid, he just has a decent sized appetite).

Our meals were delivered to our table, which was great (although they didn't leave the trays, so when it came time to clear the table ourselves, we didn't have a tray and had to make like 10 trips back and forth to the trashcan/recycling/dish bucket. I was glad my husband was there, because it would have been trickier to be leaving kids at the table while I did it). With the meal came the fresh, hot breadsticks which were really yummy! About 2 minutes after we got our food they came back and asked if we wanted some more breadsticks, but we had barely started eating so we said "not right now". I thought they might come back one more time, but they never did. The manager came around right after we got our food and was very nice and friendly and asked if we had everything we needed.

And then because we had a gift card, we ordered dessert! We usually do not get dessert out, so this was a treat. We got: one slice of Chocolate Layer cake (was moist and fine). One slice of NY Styke Cheesecake (without the strawberry topping). My son declared it his new favorite dessert. And one slice of Turtle Cheesecake. I don't care for cheesecake, so I didn't have any, but my husband said it was your standard restaurant cheesecake, like from Sam's Club or something. He ate the whole thing.

You can see that we got a ton of food! We thought the food was very much like Olive Garden, but without the long wait (why is there always such a long wait at that place???!) The meals were about $8.99, so considering you got a huge entree, drink, breadsticks AND salad or pizza slice, it is quite a value. Aren't meals at McDonals'd like over $6 these days? So for a little more you get much better food. We thought if we were on a road trip and saw a Fazoli's, it would be a great place to stop. Fast service, but not typical fast food. The only reason I wouldn't go back to this one, is the location. It was just depressing to be in an empty strip mall. I might go thru the drive thru, though. It would be good if it was a busy day and I wanted to pick up food for the kids that was't a hamburger. I'm glad to know that there is this option.

My lasagna and side salad:

Chicken Brocolli Florentine Flatbread and Cherry Almond Chicken salad:

Spaghetti, with Meatballs:

Desserts:

I apparently didn't take a photo of the Kid's pizza slice! darn. I wanted to show how small it was. There is a photo earlier in this thread of a child with a large slice, and ours was no where near that big!

Thanks for the meal!! It was a very nice treat!

Cassidysmom915
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Well here is my review!!  It was not the best expperience for us unfortunately.  My daughter and I went to Fazoli's tonight, which I haven't been to in years actually.  We went to the one in Arvada, CO.  When we walked in I noticed how clean it was.  We were greeted by the cashier after a few minutes because she was chatting with someone that I am assuming is a regular customer.  She greeted us and was definitely not as friendly.  She barely looked at me and asked me things multiple times because she wasn't paying attention!  Luckily, she got our order right and we were on our way to our table.  I LOVE that they bring your food out to you know because with kids it is so much easier to not have to get back up with their old pager system! 

We sat down and chatted for a few minutes and our food arrived.  My daughter got the kids meal, which is a GREAT deal!!  For just under $4 she got kids spaghetti, apple juice box and of course breadsticks.  I got the cheesy baked ziti.  Pics are at the end of the review.

My daughter and I LOVE the breadsticks, in fact I would just take the breadsticks for my meal if my stomach could handle that lol.  The kids spaghetti was great and a good portion for the small price you pay.  My ziti was good until I got about halfway done and realized there were a ton of fettucine noodles in the bottom of my dish :(  I am not a big fan of fettucine noodles (just a personal preference) but I jsut pushed them aside and ate the ziti. 

As we were eating, the manager went to a table near us and was apologizing for some issue they had and gave them a free meal, etc. and I thought that was fantastic.  I was however, disappointed that he walked right by our table after that and didn't say a word.  Normally, I get a "how is everything?" or something of the sort, but he just walked right by us. I should point out though that they were not even busy...maybe 4 tables and right after that the manager went outside and just stood there so obviously he wasn't too busy! 

All in all, the experience was not the best but I will definitely go back again to give them another chance to redeem themselves.  The food is great for "fast food" and the prices are not that bad either.  I really liked the cleanliness, the table service and the real dishes that they use now because it just gives a better feel like you aren't really at a fast food joint. 

My baked ziti:

The kid's spaghetti:

ladyraven16
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM
I went to the Fazoli's in Littleton, Colorado. It was about 15min from my house. It was similar to other fast food restaurants that I've been too. Most similar to Noodles and Company. You order your food at the counter and then go sit with a number on your table and wait for your food. Our table was sticky but they came and wiped it for us. Our food came nice and hot which was nice! My oldest son got pepperoni pizza and LOVED it! He raved about it the whole time we were there and asked for more. I thought one small piece seemed like a small portion but I just bought him another. My youngest had spaghetti. He enjoyed it with lots of parmesan cheese. I got the baked spaghetti. I didn't like it at all. There was too much cheese on top and the sauce was bland. Their breadsticks were delicious though! Two different managers came out to our table a total of 4 times while we were there. The staff was very nice! I also got my dad a meatball smasher to go. He liked it but said it was spicy.
They have kids night on Tuesdays. $0.99 meals for up to 3 kids with the purchase of an adult meal. They had crayons and coloring pages even on Wednesday when we went though. I liked that they had real silverware and plates! It was all very clean.

All in all we had a good experience. I will take the kids through the drive through in the future to get pizza and spaghetti but I probably won't eat there again myself.

Thanks Influencer Program!

Eta- sorry I didn't get any pics! It was kind of hectic there. Very crowded!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Reading this again....

"and then tell us your family's favorite Italian dish. "

sarcasm

vegepunkstr
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I took my family and my sister in laws family out to eat at Fazoli's last night. I have always liked Fazolis because I am vegetarian and they have several different items that I can eat there unlike a lot of fast food restaraunts. We had 8 people all together and the girl at the counter was very patient while we all got our orders in. The $50 gift card was almost enough to feed all 8 of us which I thought was great. Then we went to sit down and only a few minutes later they were bringing our food to us. The manager was very friendly and stopped by several times to make sure we were doing ok and that we had enough bread sticks. I thought the penne pasta with alfredo sauce and broccoli I ordered was delicious and it was a good size portion. I had read that the kids menu was award winning but I thought it was lacking in options. Over all we had a great experience and will most likely return for dinner again sometime soon.

MamaSarah1104
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM

First of all I would like to thank Cafemom and Fazoli's for this oppurtunity. It was so nice to plan a night out to eat after a day filled with appointments and grocery shopping.

Our family loves Fazoli's, but we always go through the drive through and eat it at home. For this influencer I decided it was time to try out the dinning experience. I've always been a little wary to eat in the restaurant though since my daughter, Charlotte, loves the spaghetti, but makes a huge mess while eating it. At home I strip her down to her diaper and then take her straight up to the bath. I was super excited when we got there and each highchair had a big bib with them.

It was nice to have dinner at the price of fast food with an environment where we could sit down and have a family dinner. Family meal time is very important to me, so having a place to go and eat while feeling like you're in a nice establishment is very nice. The real silverware and dishes is an added plus in making the experience less like "fast food" and more like family meal time. It was also nice that they had coloring pages and crayons for kids so that the short wait while our food was cooked fresh kept my daughter entertained.

The food was delicious. I'm a huge fan of pasta so I naturally love Fazoli's. It's even better that the price is so reasonable and the portion sizes are huge. My husband and I each tried one of their new baked spaghetti's. I got garlic chicken (I believe that was the name) and my husband got Cheese and Meatballs. They were both fantastic! I loved the broccoli and chicken with the spaghetti, but didn't really care for the mushrooms (that's just personal preference and nothing at all against the meal.) My daughter got the spaghetti with marinara kids meal and as usual loved it. My husband must have loved his because he ate it all. Of course you can't forget the delicious warm breadsticks!

There was so much food that I literally brought home a pound of leftovers (I actually weighed it). It was a great lunch for Charlotte and I the next day. We had two meals worth of food for $18 you cannot beat that! I hope to go next Tuesday so that we can catch kids night and see how that is (I've heard they have fun stuff for kids on kids night.) We had a great time and dinner and were very impressed by the experience. I'm very glad that there is a Fazoli's close by that I can use for a nice well priced dinner at the end of a busy day.

Here's a few pics of our dinners and my daughters stamp of approval.

Sorry for the sideways picture, apparently I'm not techno savy enough to figure out how to rotate it.

Thanks for dinner Fazoli's!

iloveashton804
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I was lucky enough to recieve a gift card, but won't be able to go until tommorrow. SO works a lot, but goes on days off tonight. The nearest Fazolis is in the next state over, so we're going to make a day out of it shopping, etc. =) I will update tommorrow!!

Update!

We went to Fazolis today. As soon as we walked in I liked it. The setup of the place is really nice. It is sectioned off and not wide open so it gives you that feeling of privacy. The cashier was extremely friendly and patient. He seemed like he actually enjoyed his job, lol. SO and I ordered the same thing, lasagna with a slice of pizza. =) The little ones each got a pizza kids meal and the older one got spaghetti. Our food was brought to us in under 5 minutes. I liked that we got to sit down and they brought our food to us. They brought us a huge amount of breadsticks, which SO and the kids thought were delicious!!! Alll the food was great and we even ordered chocolate cake for dessert. It was really moist!

I will upload pics as soon as I can get it to work!

babyblue21
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

We went this past Monday the busiest day of our week! It was very nice to not have to figure out dinner! We have one just 5 mins away. It was actually pretty busy considering there are many other resturant's around.

My 2 oldest are strictly gluten free BUT we brought their own noodles and just ordered them the sausage marinara for ds and plain marinara for dd#1. DD #2 was happy to have pizza ( a very rare treat). We also ordered ds a Cesar salad which he loved! Instead of endless bread sticks the staff brought us endless salad completely by surprise!

Hubby and I splurged on our endless Cesar salad and baked spaghetti with meatballs! We spent a total of $25 so we have enough for another busy day meal!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)