Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your favorite Italian dish?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms the opportunity to enjoy the new dining experience at their local Fazoli's resturant. Fazoli's is a family-friendly restaurant complete with Italian cuisine, unlimited breadstick service and table service.

Click here to see if there is a Fazoli's near you. If there is not, visit Fazoli's on Facebook and tell them why you want one in your area.

Read what our influencer moms are saying about Fazoli's and then tell us your family's favorite Italian dish.

by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
kristen1983
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM

We were able to visit Fazioli's yesterday, on the 11th.  My husband and I had been to Fazoli's several years ago and didn't really remember much about it.  This is the first time we've been since.  We dined at the Northglenn, Colorado location.. about 20 minutes from home.  We ordered pizza for the kids (even our almost one year old loved it).  My husband got chicken parmasean and I ordered fettucini alfredo both with side salads.  We also both tried the kids' pizza and thought it was really good.  Our entrees were OK I would say.. the prices were reasonable. I think the salads could use a little help.  It was almost a chore trying to eat shredded lettuce and teeny diced up tomatoes & cheese.  The breadsticks were awesome I have to say, a big hit with everyone.  We have a family of 5 and spent about $45.  Normally would not have ordered so much food but with the gift card, we thought why not! :)  We also were pleased to see apple slices as a choice for a side for the kids.  Our kids love apples so that was a big hit.  We ordered cheesecake too but because of the generous portion sizes of our food we had to take it home and save it for today.  Everyone in our family thought the cheesecake was delicious. 

I appreciated the cleanliness of the restraunt and the employee service was pretty good.  It seemed everytime someone left, their table was bussed immediately.  I was surprised at how few people were dining as we went at dinner time.  Maybe 5 or 6 tables tops. 

All in all I think we might visit Fazoli's again if there was a location closer to home or if we were passing it on our way home from something over in that area and it happened to be near lunch or dinner time.

Kaydence2010
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 2:37 PM

HELLO!

We had a GREAT dining experience! It was fun and very family oriented which we were glad because we have a very loud 2 year old! LOL we will definitely be going again.

The breadsticks were SO GOOD! I would have been happy just eating those!
We got my daughter a slice of cheese pizza (Which she ate all of) and a drink and she said "yummmmm" after each bite! LOL
My husband got the lasagna, he LOVED it and it is so hard for him to enjoy lasagna that isnt mine (hes picky and says i make mine with love lol)
I got the Chicken Carbonara which i thought was perfect. I had to take some home because I couldn't eat it all, it was great as lunch the next day!

This was our first visit to fazoli's and we will definitely be going again.

the one close to us actually closed (evidentally they got a BIRD infestation in their kitchen) so we had to go to one in west virginia (i forget the town name off the top of my head) so we just made a day trip to spend in WV and eat dinner there.

My camera decided to malfunction and delete ALL the pictures that were on it (even the ones from dd's birthday party :( ) so i dont have any pictures :(

heydooney
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Wow, we were at the other CO Springs location! Something Parkway.

Quoting tthomas87:

I have never been to Fazoli's before today. I live in Colorado and visited the Cheyenne Mountain Rd location in Colorado Springs. This location is about 7 minutes from my house. I was very pleased with the short distance between the location and my home. I first want to say this is not a "traditional" Italian food place it's suppose to be a fast food place. I brought all three of my children with me and they all ordered pizza. Other menu choices we're fettuccine Alfredo and spaghetti the kids meals come with drinks and breadsticks. I ordered the chicken and basil pasta meal which comes with your choice of a side salad or slice of pizza, breadsticks, and a drink. The breadsticks are unlimited and made fresh. My kids loved the breadsticks and we had them bring out more 3 times. The only complaint I have about my location is the restroom. It was not clean to my standards and as a pregnant mom of 3 soon to be 4 I am pretty big on that. On Tuesday's kids eat for .99 with the purchase of an adult entree and if you join the email club you get a free plate of spaghetti! My overall experience was positive and I will definitely be going back again. I posted pics below my post I had to post one at a time, as I do not have knowledge of any other way to post a pic on a post.

RosePetalTears
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 4:16 PM

i picked this up for lunch today and didn't really like it.  To me it tasted like something you'd get from a cafeteria.My oldest like it though.

I got a sampler with lasagna, penne, spaghetti, and alfredo in it. I also got the roasted chicken platter (what a rip off! 2 over cooked chicken tenderloins and a small serving of broccoli and small serving of penne) and the chicken basil penne.

When i tasted the breadsticks the first thing that came to mind was the fake butter that they put on movie theater popcorn.

Thanks for the gift card though CM! I appreciate being a part of the influencer program

Mechelle01
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Finally got to go tonight for dinner!' it's been a few years since ive has fazoil's and it was just as good as I remember! Dinner cost $26 dollars and we got dessert too which was $9! Still
Have money left on the card for hubby to have lunch with.
Overall everything was good! DS loved the cheese pizza and the bread sticks are OOOHHH so good!
Thanks Cafe Mom!
scurnes
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:36 AM
We went to the restaurant last night to get dinner. The card we got didn't work but the manager there worked with us anyway. She was fantastic.

Dinner was pretty ok. Three of us ate for $23 which is not to bad. For me it would be with spending they few more dollars and going to olive garden though. The kids meal was probably the best meal that we got. The breadsticks were good as well. I got the chicken parm and the chicken I got had no taste to it at all.

We have gone to fazolis a few times this year so I know we will go again. Because it's nice to be able to get something quick that is not hamburgers.
AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Well, guys, the CM Team tells me we're ok to respond, even if we didn't go to Fazoli's or get free coupons.

So, I'll just say I ADORE a good spaghetti-with-meat-sauce dish!  And lasagne!  Here's a very easy lasagne dish that takes so little preparation you'll want to do it regularly.  Don't know about you, but when I pre-boil the noodles they have a way of tearing, no matter how "al dente" or how carefully I handle them with tongs.  Plus, it's an "extra step" in the cooking process.

ONE-STEP LASAGNE

1-1/2 c. water

1 large jar (32 or something oz. - you know what I'm talking about, or use 2 of the smaller jars) your favorite spaghetti sauce (you can use your own homemade, too...the rest you froze from another meal maybe?)

1 box (16oz.) lasagne noodles

1 container (15oz.) ricotta cheese (or sub in cottage cheese if you like)

8 oz. mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced (hey, more ain't gonna hurt!)

1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese (more won't hurt here, either!)

COMBINE 1-1/2 c. water with the spaghetti sauce in a large bowl.  Cover the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch lightly greased baking dish with 1-1/2 cups of sauce. (If you haven't tried the new Reynold's pan lining paper, do!  You don't have to grease the dish, the food doesn't stick, and you have VERY little clean-up!)

ARRANGE layer of uncooked noodles, slightly overlapping, on top of sauce.  Spread half the ricotta and half the mozzarella over noodles.  Sprinkle with 2 T. Parmesan.  Add another layer of sauce.  Repeat with another layer of noodles, remaining ricotta and mozzarella and 2 T. Parmesan.  Top with layer of noodles.  Pour remaining sauce over; spread sauce evenly to cover all edges of noodles. <---IMPORTANT, so you don't end up with inedible crusty stuff at the edges    Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.  Cover tightly with foil.  Set on jelly-roll pan.

BAKE in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 1 hr. or until knife goes easily through pasta.  Let stand, covered, on rack 10 min.

I've been known to "up" the sauce and cheeses.  The water you add to the sauce is what "cooks" the noodles, amazingly enough.  I prefer to use a jarred sauce with meat, but you can use whatever you like.  I've also sprinkled the whole thing with Italian seasoning and perhaps a little garlic powder or salt.

All I can say is that it's extremely easy and gives you time to go play with the kids or help them with homework.  Or hey, it's Italian!  Kick back with a small glass of merlot or Cabernet!  Pre-make a tossed salad and pull some garlic toast out of the freezer.  Works for me!

(That's if I don't go to Fazoli's, yanno....and since I'm gluten sensitive I have to do most things at home in order to use non-wheat noodles.)

babycakes041903
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM

My post is late and I'm sorry but I've been mobile and my phone always acts up with long posts. The day I got my Fazolis card in the mail my BF and I took my kiddos out to dinner. It was awesome. I ordered a pep pizza because I had been craving pizza like crazy. My kids ordered the baked spaghetti and my BF ordered the chicken alfredo. He ate all of his food and the kids and shared the rest. We also ordered drinks and only spent $25 which was great because now we get to go again. I love their breadsticks and the fact that they deliver your food to your table and also come around asking if you need anything. It is also a very family friendly/kid friendly restuarant. You don't feel as though everyone is looking at you when your kids start acting crazy. The food is delicious, the prices are amazing, and the atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing. I'd recommend that everyon etry it at least once. My BF and I go every once in a while but would probably go more if the drive wasn't out of the way. Other than that I enjoyed my experience and am definitely going again; especially because I love Italian and there is an icecream shop right around the corner:) Thanks Cafemom for the experience:)))))

dusky_rose
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I don't think we have a Fazoli's near us, but the last time I ate at an Italian restaurant, the Chicken Marsala was so good!

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM
I love almost any pasta
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)