Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Party snack stuff

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello, so we are celebrating my daughters 6th birthday at this park/man made fishing lake location tomorrow from 2-4p. It's a last minute plan because we didn't plan being away from home for her birthday. We are taking this as an oppertunity to invite family and friends we didn't/will not have time to go and see individually.

The time frame I picked was on purpose, that way I just had to provide snack type munchies along with drinks and the cake. But thinking about it today, planning on going shopping tomorrow for it, Im not sure chips and dip and some fruit is going to cut it.

What would you do?? Provide lil delli sandwish rolls too?? Any other ideas?

by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RADmomma
by Sara on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM

veggie platter

fruits and fruit dip

cookies

crackers & cheese

chips and dip

maybe like pasta/ tater salad

stellarmom1
by Becca on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Yes since it's 2-4 you can avoid the meal.  Finger sandwiches or rolls would be fine, or maybe like a deli meat, cheese and cracker plate with some other munchies would be good!

Shani527
by Shannon on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Thanks, thats pretty much what I was thinking. Im going to ask my mom to make her potatoe salad because I lov the way she makes it lol

AmosFarkle
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I'd get some soft tortillas and roll up some type of thin sandwich meat with mayo, mustard, or a flavored cream cheese spread.  Perhaps some sandwich cheese slices. Then cut them into little, oh say, 3/4"-1" slices.  

AmosFarkle
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Addendum to above:  Some small sprigs of fresh herbs like dill are cute and affordable.

Another great "finger sandwich" is thinly-sliced cucumber, cream cheese, and dill sprigs on white bread, crusts cut off and sliced into 1/4's.  I had no idea I'd like that until I tried it.  Especially now that there are those flavored cream cheeses.  They're also good with a little bit of sliced or chopped olives.

Come to think of it, those cream cheeses that are fruit flavored, along with some sliced kiwi, and fixed as above would be really nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN