Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions
You've let your kids miss school when they aren't sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Replies (11-15):
AmosFarkle
by AmyV on May. 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Hm.  I probably did once or twice.

AmosFarkle
by AmyV on May. 1, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Come to think of it, I took my youngest out for about 5 days to go to the beach for his brother's wedding.  It was in early October and we visited the Wright Bros. museum plus a lighthouse, so I made him write a report.  Call it a "history trip".  lol

Family4Eternity
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:33 PM

True

Shani527
by Shannon on May. 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I came close to it once. It had snowed the night before and I was going to keep her home because I didnt feel like walking with the kids all the way down there on the slippery sidewalk. But then she got a ride and by the after noon alot of it had melted anyway.

Now last month she missed 3 wks of school as we were out of town that I did not like and we are still trying to catch up!

AmosFarkle
by AmyV on May. 2, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Gosh, Shannon --- 3 weeks is a long time.  But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

And speaking of the snow thing, one morning I went out with him to the bus and it was so icy his little feet slid out from under him and he was UNDER the dam**d bus!  I pulled him up (heart beating wildly), took him back in the house, and called the school to tell them he would NOT be there that day.  I watched the bus slide some, too.  Of course, as it happened with you, by noon it was pretty much melted but I'll be a monkey's uncle if I'm going to put my kid on a bus in the ice, or drive on ice just because some superintendent says to.  By noon, there was nothing particularly left to do in school so we just did some "science" experiments and looked up stuff about the fish in his aquarium, and frankly....they could kiss Old Rusty for all I cared.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)