Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Weird eating habits?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

We all have them..those things you refuse to eat, the things you eat that others think are just nasty.

Time to confess..what are they?

And what about family members, what are their weird habits?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maries_Mom23
by Alice on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I won't eat Reese cups.  I think that's way too much pb with chocolate, BUT, I will eat the nutty bars, that's not too much pb for me.

Maries_Mom23
by Alice on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Oh, I also don't do pb&j sandwiches.  Yuck...

RADmomma
by Sara on May. 1, 2012 at 12:07 PM

i love carrots on my pizza.

also pickles on my pizza

I dont like fish or any pork product...

DH doesnt like cooked onions or carrots

AmosFarkle
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I like relish in my pinto beans.  My grandmother made something she called Piccalilly and that's what got me started.  I've never found a jarred relish like it, so sometimes I just use a small spoonful of sweet relish with a dash of Italian dressing.  She also made a jello salad with fruit cocktal and coconut in it, and I loved to stir cottage cheese in there.  I guess those two things count as weird, don't they?

The df is a creature of habit and, although I can't think of anything totally strange, things have to be "just so", which can be nerve-wracking sometimes.  Like if I'm serving a side salad, he has to have it made like an entree salad, down to some grilled chicken on top.  I'm like, "Honey, you're having a meal with meat and veggies, you don't need ALL of that stuff on a little side salad!"

Alieda
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I love liver
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I LOVE saurkraut. Like I could eat it cold or hot, doesn't matter. All by itself. I just love it.

My family, which I don't think it's weird but some do, we all take tomatoes and cucumbers and soak them in apple cider vinegar while chilling. Eat them with a sprinkle of salt and YUM.

Jeremy does not like tuna, saurkraut, he HATES celery with a passion as well as carrots.

Shani527
by Shannon on May. 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Im not sur there is anything I eat that others think is weird. My fav snack as a child that I still make today for myself and my kids is a sweet pickle rolled up in a slice of cheese and ham.

I will not, no not ever....eat an uncooked tomatoe. People think its weird I like ketchup and spagehttie sause saying "its tomatoes" but the texture is different, the taste is different.

Also I do not and will not eat sour cream. Evenjust the name grosses me out. BUT I will eat the french dip when you use sour cream with the spices for chip dip. BUT its got flavor and I use a very teeny tiny bit.  Also my MIL mixed it into mashed potatoes one time trying to claim that well its got flavor and blueblah, um no it still tastes like sour cream YUCK.

AmosFarkle
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Quoting Alieda:

I love liver

No chit????  One of the things I've been thinking about is trying liver and onions again, now that I'm old and decrepit.  lol  My mom loves it, and I recently bought some liver loaf at the deli that was awesome.  I think it's time to try liver again.  I also served it at my last job, working the dining room at a huge retirement complex.  Looked and smelled good.

AmosFarkle
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Quoting SammiBaby:

I LOVE saurkraut. Like I could eat it cold or hot, doesn't matter. All by itself. I just love it.

My family, which I don't think it's weird but some do, we all take tomatoes and cucumbers and soak them in apple cider vinegar while chilling. Eat them with a sprinkle of salt and YUM.

Jeremy does not like tuna, saurkraut, he HATES celery with a passion as well as carrots.

Sam... high five I can eat saurkraut straight from the can.  Or heated over a weiner.  Yum!  Here's something I've done with the cukes I might get from my patio garden (or heck, buy those pickling cukes in the store).  I've also been known to throw in some sliced garlic and dill weed.

CUCUMBER SALAD 
1 med. cucumber
1/2 c. vinegar
1/2 c. water
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 sm. onion, thinly sliced

Slice the cuke and onion.  Mix the rest and pour over.  Stick it in the fridge to kinda "pickle", but I've been known to just grab a fork and start eating.

SammiBaby
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM

That particular recipe I've had before. My aunt's ex husband's whole family used to eat that all the time. I tried it once and didn't like it at all. It's the sguar and water that throws me off. I really like the tart flavor of the vinegar alone.

Quoting AmosFarkle:

Quoting SammiBaby:

Sam... high five I can eat saurkraut straight from the can.  Or heated over a weiner.  Yum!  Here's something I've done with the cukes I might get from my patio garden (or heck, buy those pickling cukes in the store).  I've also been known to throw in some sliced garlic and dill weed.

CUCUMBER SALAD 
1 med. cucumber
1/2 c. vinegar
1/2 c. water
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 sm. onion, thinly sliced

Slice the cuke and onion.  Mix the rest and pour over.  Stick it in the fridge to kinda "pickle", but I've been known to just grab a fork and start eating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN