Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Mother's Day Breakfast in Bed Made Easy -- and Memorable

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM
  • 4 Replies

Mother's Day Breakfast in Bed Made Easy -- and Memorable

Posted by Adriana Velez on May 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM

breakfast in bedIf you're reading this, I'm hoping you're either a dad or a child with excellent reading comprehension skills capable of frying eggs. Are you looking for ideas for preparing Mom breakfast in bed for Mother's Day? Well, you came to the right place. That kind of thinking will earn you extra points in your household -- especially you, Dad.

And if this is a mom, what the heck. Print this out and just say: "On Mother's Day, I shall expect breakfast in bed at 9:30 a.m. That is all."

It's actually pretty easy. A few key details are all you need to make this little gesture mean everything to the well-deserving mom in your life.

1. Find out what she likes to eat for breakfast on the weekends. (Not that rushed breakfast she eats every morning before work.) If you don't already know, ask. It's okay if she suspects what you're up to. Also, let her sleep in a bit. 

Some inspiration for you: Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Dishes and 5 Romantic Breakfast Ideas stolen from Valentine's Day.

2. Plan what you're doing the day before. Seriously. You do not want to run out for eggs at 7:00 in the morning.

3. Keep it simple. Think one or two dishes, and then add just one special ingredient. If you're making pancakes, add blueberries or chocolate chips. Waffles? Top with whipped cream. If you're making scrambled eggs, add cheese and top with chopped chives.

4. Get your hands on a tray. That's how this breakfast-in-bed thing works -- you put it all on a tray and you carry it in. If you don't have one, get one at Target, Crate & Barrel, Walmart, someplace with a housewares/kitchen department. 

5. Love notes. The night before, get your kids to make little Mother's Day notes -- or even decorate a paper napkin. We moms can't get enough of that stuff! Okay, we can. But it's so sweet and we appreciate the effort. 

6. Flowers and garnishes. If you have time, put a little flower in a vase. Or, place a little sprig of mint or parsley on the plate.

7. Bring it all in together. Gather your little sprogs and bring in the tray to Mom together to wish her a Happy Mother's Day.

Are you planning -- or hoping for -- breakfast in bed on Mother's Day?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Family4Eternity
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM

A breakfast in bed no but they do normally make me breakfast.

stellarmom1
by Becca on May. 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Nah, I really don't like the idea of eating in bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommee42boyz
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM
I wouldn't mind, but diamonds make a bigger impression...lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM
bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)