Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

I need your help ladies!

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM
  • 15 Replies

I need your help ladies! I get in these moods, particularly on the weekend where I don't want to cook.  For some reason it gets really frustrating to me. I don't know why I get like that, I guess in the back of my head I think dh gets 2 days off from work, I want some time off from cooking. Of course that isn't reality and it isn't really fair to everyone.  I'm so bad about getting takeout on the weekend for just those reasons! I need to stop! It's expensive, it's terrible for you, and I don't want to do it anymore.  We eat out mainly because I want a break from cooking and cleanup. Dh doesn't cook at all.  Well I take that back, he can grill, but he can't prep, marinate, or prepare anything, all he does is slap whatever I get ready for him on the grill and I do everything else. So asking dh to help cook isn't really an option. What are some quick ideas for meals that I can make when I feel like this on the weekend? How often do you eat out? Does anyone else ever feel this way? 

by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maries_Mom23
by Alice on May. 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I feel that way when Daniel is off..

Maybe look into some casseroles you can make during the week and freeze.  Pop one out on Saturday, toss it in the oven and there's not a lot of clean up.  

fi35
by New Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM

i hear ya! i hate cooking period so even to make something in the middle of the week that's easy and little prepping for me is great. try things like sandwiches, tacos, pizza, etc., where all you have to do is set out the toppings and they can prepare them themselves. it might also encourage them to help you and get involed with cooking with or for you to give you a break!! :} good luck!

RADmomma
by Sara on May. 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM

casseroles & crock pot meals...

when you buy your meats... seperate them out into portion sizes... add the marinade to the meat in a freezer bag... then when you want that one...just take it out & defrost in the fridge... its already marinating & you just have to bake, grill or crock pot it...

I do this often.

RADmomma
by Sara on May. 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM
GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:18 AM
bump

RADmomma
by Sara on May. 7, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I have made hoboes with ground beef for years, but found this on Pinterest and can't wait to try this version....

Picture

Pinterest-Tara Noer & jnshortadventures.blogspot.com
Ingredients:
1 package Stuffing mix; chicken flavor
1 1/4 cups Water
4 Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 cups Broccoli Florets
1 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices Cooked bacon; crumbled
4 tbsp Ranch dressing divided

- Oven to 400
Directions:
 - Spray 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil with oil.
 - Combine stuffing mix and water.
 - Spoon 1/4 of the stuffing mixture onto the center of each foil sheet.
- Top stuffing with a 6oz. chicken breast half.
 - Top chicken with 1 c. broccoli.
 - Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese and 1 slice of bacon, crumbled.
 - Drizzle with 1 T. ranch dressing
 - Bring up foil sides and fold to seal, leaving room for heat circulation inside
 - Place packets on a cookie sheet and bake 25-30 mins
- Remove packets and let stand 5 mins
 - Cut sits in foil for steam before opening.
RADmomma
by Sara on May. 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

heres one you could use with left overs

Wait it get’s better! Here’s how you can blend your family’s favorite flavors into your own impossibly easy mini pies!

First, start with Bisquick baking mix, milk and eggs. This makes the base for all mini pies.  Combine and start with a little less than at tablespoon in each greased muffin cup.

Create Your Own Mini Pie

Next add your filling. Cheeseburger, pepperoni pizza, BLT –whatever you can imagine. Add about ¼ cup of the mixture to each cup.

Create Your Own Mini Pie

Finally, top it off with one more tablespoon of the Bisquick® mixture.

Create Your Own Mini Pie

Bake for 25-30 minutes then pop them out of the pan. Voilà! How easy is that?

Are you ready for the best part of all? Mini pies can be frozen! Gather the kids together to create their faves and seal them in freezer bags. Then just pop them in the microwave for meals on the go, after school snacks and last minute dinners. And let’s not forget about breakfast, a little egg and bacon and you’re set. See what I mean about impossibly easy?

Go ahead, grab a box of Bisquick and get started! Impossibly Easy Mini Pies bring out the creative cook in everyone.

RADmomma
by Sara on May. 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I like this one too... she has quite a few crock pot freezer recipes....

RADmomma
by Sara on May. 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM

heres one more,

might hve some repeats

stellarmom1
by Becca on May. 7, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Thanks Sara, those are all great ideas! I don't have a whole heck of a lot of freezer space but it would be nice if I could keep a few things like that on hand!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN