Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Crock Pot Cooking

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM
  • 16 Replies

I know that there are cookbooks dedicated to the art of crockpot cooking, especially as the weather turns warmer.

My question is, does anyone REALLY crock pot cook? Other than making a roast, what types of things do you make in a crock  pot if you do cook with it?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymomof4787
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I use my crockpot all the time.  I have a round one and an oval one.   I make chili, soups, pork chops, barbecues, Whole chickens, roast, cakes, meatballs, sausage.  

RADmomma
by Sara on May. 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I use mine at least a few times a week.

I make, roasts, chili, soups & stews, meatballs, shredded chicken (served over rice or in enchiladas) & more.

bamababe1975
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I make all sorts of things in my crockpot and use it more than my oven. About the only thing I haven't tried yet is dessert, but I just saw a recipe for slow cooker cheesecake and I *have* to try that!

stellarmom1
by Becca on May. 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Yep I use it a ton. I make BBQ pulled pork or chicken, baked beans, shredded chicken for tacos, chicken and dumplings, French dip sandwiches and Chilis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I love my crockpot, but tend to stick to things like roasts, ribs, chicken.  I've made meatloaf in it and that was pretty tasty too.

Mommee42boyz
by Anita on May. 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I would like to see that cheesecake recipe!

Quoting bamababe1975:

I make all sorts of things in my crockpot and use it more than my oven. About the only thing I haven't tried yet is dessert, but I just saw a recipe for slow cooker cheesecake and I *have* to try that!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maries_Mom23
by Alice on May. 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Lasagna, chicken, pulled pork...LOVE my crock pot!

Reina13
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Cheesecake is my weakness!!

Quoting Mommee42boyz:

I would like to see that cheesecake recipe!

Quoting bamababe1975:

Reina13
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Lasagna? Really!!!! How do you do that. It takes me forever to make a traditional lasagna. I would love to know how you do it.

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

Lasagna, chicken, pulled pork...LOVE my crock pot!

Reina13
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I have done the shredded chicken tacos before, but it never occured to me to make chicken and dumplings this way.

Quoting stellarmom1:

Yep I use it a ton. I make BBQ pulled pork or chicken, baked beans, shredded chicken for tacos, chicken and dumplings, French dip sandwiches and Chilis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)