Easy Calzone Rolls
Here's a kid-pleasing favorite that's not too hard on the budget. Even with less meat than a traditional calzone, there's still plenty of flavor and all for about $1.10 per serving (2 slices).
- 2 loafs frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound sliced ham
- 1/2 pound sliced hard salami
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup jarred marinara sauce
- Roll each loaf of dough into a rectangle about 8 inches by 12 inches.
- Layer ham and salami down the center of each rolled loaf lengthwise.
- Top meats with 1 cup shredded mozzarella for each roll.
- Fold short ends of each loaf in about 1/2 inch and seal. Roll from the long sides and pinch well to seal the entire loaf. You should have 2 long rolls.
- Bake, seam side down on a greased baking sheet in a 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut each roll into 8 slices and serve with marinara for dipping.