Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Candida diet

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM
  • 15 Replies
Anyone try this? I'm just starting it and I need some cheaper meal ideas. Its harder for me than I thought it would be
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I never heard of it... :O(

jojo827
by Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM
You should look it up. I bet there's alot of people who have a candida overgrowth and dont even know it. Candida is a type of bacteria

Quoting kurtkamkaitsmom:

I never heard of it... :O(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Family4Eternity
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I have never even heard of it. Can you tell me more about it ?

jojo827
by Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Sorry its so long lol but its good info. Its a diet to rid your body of yeast:

Candida Albicans is an opportunistic fungus (or form of yeast) that is the cause of many undesirable symptoms ranging from fatigue and weight gain, to joint pain and gas.

The Candida yeast is a part of the gut flora, a group of microorganisms that live in your mouth and intestine. When the Candida population starts getting out of control it weakens the intestinal wall, penetrating through into the bloodstream and spreading throughout the body.

As it spreads it produces toxic by-products that cause damage to your body tissues and organs, wreaking havoc on your immune system. The major waste product of yeast cell activity is Acetaldehyde, a poisonous toxin that promotes free radical activity in the body. Acetaldehyde is also converted by the liver into ethanol (drinking alcohol). Some people even report feeling a drunk or hungover feeling along with debilitating fatigue from the high amounts of ethanol is their system.

Everyone has Candida, and a significant proportion of us may have Candidiasis, or an overgrowth of Candida. Candida starts to cause trouble when there is some change in your body that allows it to overgrow. This change could be anything from a few courses of antibiotics, a prolonged diet rich in carbohydrates and sugar, or even something as common as a lengthy period of stress at work.

So if you suspect that you have an overgrowth, the first place to look is your lifestyle to find what could have caused this imbalance. Antibiotics? Oral contraceptives? A diet high in sugar and carbohydrates? Alcohol and drugs? Stress? Or all of the above? Eliminating all of these risk factors is a crucial step in tackling your Candida problem.

Many sufferers of Candidiasis remain undiagnosed by their doctors and unaware of their condition. Unfortunately, many doctors don't recognize the systemic problems that Candidiasis causes. They only treat the symptoms such as vaginal infection or oral thrush. Don't be surprised if your doctor thinks it's all in your head and sends you off with a anti-depression prescription. Some healthcare professionals don't believe in Candida, so you need to find a doctor with an open mind, or see a naturopath, homeopathic doctor or kinesiologist.

Quoting Family4Eternity:

Sisteract
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Candida is a yeast, not a bacteria.

Candida sepsis (a blood stream infection) can be deadly-

Family4Eternity
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Quoting jojo827:

Sorry its so long lol but its good info. Its a diet to rid your body of yeast:

Candida Albicans is an opportunistic fungus (or form of yeast) that is the cause of many undesirable symptoms ranging from fatigue and weight gain, to joint pain and gas.

The Candida yeast is a part of the gut flora, a group of microorganisms that live in your mouth and intestine. When the Candida population starts getting out of control it weakens the intestinal wall, penetrating through into the bloodstream and spreading throughout the body.

As it spreads it produces toxic by-products that cause damage to your body tissues and organs, wreaking havoc on your immune system. The major waste product of yeast cell activity is Acetaldehyde, a poisonous toxin that promotes free radical activity in the body. Acetaldehyde is also converted by the liver into ethanol (drinking alcohol). Some people even report feeling a drunk or hungover feeling along with debilitating fatigue from the high amounts of ethanol is their system.

Everyone has Candida, and a significant proportion of us may have Candidiasis, or an overgrowth of Candida. Candida starts to cause trouble when there is some change in your body that allows it to overgrow. This change could be anything from a few courses of antibiotics, a prolonged diet rich in carbohydrates and sugar, or even something as common as a lengthy period of stress at work.

So if you suspect that you have an overgrowth, the first place to look is your lifestyle to find what could have caused this imbalance. Antibiotics? Oral contraceptives? A diet high in sugar and carbohydrates? Alcohol and drugs? Stress? Or all of the above? Eliminating all of these risk factors is a crucial step in tackling your Candida problem.

Many sufferers of Candidiasis remain undiagnosed by their doctors and unaware of their condition. Unfortunately, many doctors don't recognize the systemic problems that Candidiasis causes. They only treat the symptoms such as vaginal infection or oral thrush. Don't be surprised if your doctor thinks it's all in your head and sends you off with a anti-depression prescription. Some healthcare professionals don't believe in Candida, so you need to find a doctor with an open mind, or see a naturopath, homeopathic doctor or kinesiologist.

Quoting Family4Eternity:

Thanks for sharing.

KaylaMillar
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:14 AM
I've neer heard of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo827
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:48 AM
A yeast that causes bacteria is what I meant

Quoting Sisteract:

Candida is a yeast, not a bacteria.

Candida sepsis (a blood stream infection) can be deadly-

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:57 PM

It is a yeast that causes fungemia- a fungal infection.

Bacterias cause bacterial infections.

Viruses cause viral infections.

Antibiotic use will exacerbate the growth of yeasts and fungi....hence why some people get yeast infections when they are on antibiotics.

Also:

Antibiotics treat bacterias

Antifungals treat fungal infections

Anti viral meds can stop the progression of certain viral infections, but not very well.

Using antibiotics for candida(or viruses) will do nothing-

Yeast (fungi) cause fungal infections.

Isn't the whole point of the diet to avoid contaminating the body with yeasts that cause health problems?

jojo827
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Yes that is the point of the diet, it has nothing to do with antibiotics. Its changing what food you eat

Quoting Sisteract:

It is a yeast that causes fungemia- a fungal infection.

Bacterias cause bacterial infections.

Viruses cause viral infections.

Antibiotic use will exacerbate the growth of yeasts and fungi....hence why some people get yeast infections when they are on antibiotics.

Also:

Antibiotics treat bacterias

Antifungals treat fungal infections

Anti viral meds can stop the progression of certain viral infections, but not very well.

Using antibiotics for candida(or viruses) will do nothing-

Yeast (fungi) cause fungal infections.

Isn't the whole point of the diet to avoid contaminating the body with yeasts that cause health problems?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)