Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You'll Never Believe What They're Doing With Mashed Potatoes Now

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:43 AM
  • 148 Replies

You'll Never Believe What They're Doing With Mashed Potatoes Now

Posted by Adriana Velez on July 17, 2012 at 8:54 PM

mashed potato machineI can't believe this is happening to mashed potatoes. There is a new Slurpee-style machine that oozes out mashed potatoes into a waiting cup below at the touch of a button. Gravy is optional. It's the most brilliant/horrible way to enjoy mashed potatoes since Richard Dreyfuss built a mashed potato mountain in the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Has it really come to this, mashed potatoes? We're squeezing you out of a machine into a paper cup at the same place where you purchase gasoline? Oh how the potato has fallen. It was kind of a lowly vegetable to begin with -- but it does not deserve this indignity. Check out the mashed action below.

Click HERE to see video.

Ew, that liquid dribbling you get at the end? Shudder. How could this possibly be any good? And you know they just reconstitute potato flakes. Ain't no fresh potatoes being mashed for this glop. God knows what the gravy is made out of. Maybe some of that gasoline.

Food squirted out of a machine is a humiliation that should be reserved only for already-fake foods like Slurpees. What is that -- sugar, ice, flavoring? Fine. Perfectly acceptable. But this? This just makes me feel sad for potatoes.

Dear potatoes. I'm sorry this is happening to you. Maybe others will recognize this as potato abuse and put a stop to it. But probably not. At least this weird machine is limited to 7-11 stores in Singapore -- for now!

What do you think of the mashed potato machine? Would you try it?

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stellarmom1
by Becca on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:08 AM

ewww, that sounds terrible!

mamadrama15
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Icky! lol

kirstina
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM
8 moms liked this

I love mashed potatoes but would not want them out of a machine. YUCK

Byrd15
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM
7 moms liked this

Omg..... throwing up

etsmom
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I would not eat mashed potatoes from a machine. MAYBE the instant mashed potatoes that they make for schools, hospitals and nursing homes, but never from a machine.

I hope that machine stays in Singapore, or just fades away.  People in Singapore should at least have real mashed potatoes. 

Has anyone ever felt like they gotta have mashed potatoes NOW?  lol

MakinBabies
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Reminds me of the Matrix.

Beenhereforever
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Yeah I saw that on the news. Yuck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi740
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

i love mashed potatoes but no i would not try that, that is just weird. just like when they put a little bit of food coloring in mashed potatoes and how different they tasted. we eat by our eyes if it looks different then what it has been for years we won't try it or it ends up tasting differntly. why do people go messy with a good thing. leave mashed potatoes alone they are good just made the old fashioned way. peeled real potatoes cubed boiled,mashed with milk and butter.

enjoys_names
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I love mashed potatoes and gravy, but that's just gross

Des10ed2b
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM

gross. i am sure they taste fine. probably similar to school mashed potatoes. but definitely not my thing. thats for sure. how would you even go about cleaning out a machine like that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)