Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

I NEED to make these PB chocolate chip shortbread cookies... drooling here

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:02 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies

The all time most popular post on my blog so far has been my Double Dark Chocolate Shortbread Cookies.  I'm happy for that cookie, I really am.  It deserves the attention it's gotten, after all, when was the last time you saw a cookie that intensely chocolaty?   But I got to thinking that my other shortbread cookies deserve a little love, too.

Like this one.  It's made with creamy peanut butter, sea salt and milk chocolate chips.

It's like if one kid had a room full of trophies and the other always got stuck out in left field.  It kinda gets my maternal adrenaline flowing.

You know I love these slice and bake shortbread recipes.  Who wouldn't love to have a log or two of cookie dough hanging out in their fridge?  You can get all the measuring and mixing and messy hands out of the way early and then have the luxury of fresh dough waiting at your beck and call.   Let me put it another way: when you've got this dough in the fridge you're 12 minutes away from nirvana.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
makes about 21 small cookies
1 stick, (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temp
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour 
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
scant 1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips

• Cream the butter and the peanut butter together in a stand mixer, with a hand mixer, or a wooden spoon.  Beat in the vanilla.
  • Whisk the dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture.  Mix until the dough comes together. 
  • Stir in the chips, and turn the dough out onto a piece of waxed paper.  Gently pull the dough together and form it into a log.  If it is still crumbly, work it with your hands until it holds together smoothly. Roll it up in the paper, smoothing the shape as you go.  Twist the ends securely and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.
  • Slice the log into slices with a sharp knife. Not too thick, not too thin, about 1/3 inch.  If a slice crumbles a bit, just smoosh the dough back together.  These don't have to be perfect disks.
  • Bake on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet at 325 for about 12-14 minutes.  The cookies will  not be browned, and they may look undone, but don't over bake.  One of the joys of shortbread cookies is that they fall apart and melt in your mouth. 
  • Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack.

These cookies have a melting texture, and I'm sure I don't need to tell you about the magical combination of peanut butter and milk chocolate.  They'll even stick a wee bit to the roof of your mouth...have a cold glass of milk ready.

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaytee
by Jen on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Yummy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:03 PM
They look yummy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stellarmom1
by Becca on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Omg those look good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by Sara on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:22 PM

These are in the fridge... gonna bake them after dinner when it gets cooler.

Mommee42boyz
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Yum yum yum!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alieda
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Yummy
RADmomma
by Sara on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM

they came out really good.

could use a little more PB flavor & maybe a pinch of brown sugar... but they were really yummy

HairClipQueen
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM

*drool*

Stevied13
by Steph on Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Look yummy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shani527
by Shannon on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Going to try this for sure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)