Slow-Cooker Mediterranean Pork Roast
Servings Per Recipe 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 241
- Fat, total(gm)6
- Saturated fat(gm)2
- Dietary Fiber, total(gm)3
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds), trimmed
- 4 teaspoons Greek seasoning mix (such as McCormick)
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives (optional)
1. Place fennel in slow cooker bowl. Rub pork with 1 teaspoon of the Greek seasoning and place in bowl on top of fennel.
2. Scatter tomatoes around pork. Pour 1/3 cup of the broth in bowl; top with 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Cook 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
3. Blend remaining 2 tablespoons broth, the cornstarch and Worcestershire. Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain liquid from slow cooker into a small saucepan; place vegetables around pork.
4. Bring liquid to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk in cornstarch mixture, remaining 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper; cook 1 minute. Spoon sauce over pork. Sprinkle with olives, if desired.