Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know how to sew? What projects do you do that involve sewing?

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Replies (11-16):
KelliW29
by Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:35 AM

No.  I really wish I knew how though.  

AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Yes, yes I do.  My grandmother had a Singer treadle machine and let me play on it.  Then when I was in high school, it was the days of hippies (I be one) and I took sewing classes at night at a local high school.  College...we had to take garment construction to make tutus.  <nevah again!> But I made my own prom dresses and dresses for other girls in the chorus when we were required to have a uniform.

I've made many, many, MANY a costume.  Saved me a lot of money, too - at Halloween and all points in between.  And altered many, many, MANY a dance costume for my students.

Yes, I can sew.  I actually like to do it, but my machine is a Sear's $99 special from 1990.  It has zig-zag and reverse, but that's all.

I should scan pics of things I've made over the years.  It's nice to have the ability, even if I don't do it alot.  (Did I mention the dresses I made to go to Medieval functions?  They're pretty awesome...)

AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:29 AM

blush...I am a girl of many talents, but not great at any one thing...

Family4Eternity
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Yes I can sew by hand or with a sewing machine.

SammiBaby
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I do know how to sew. I make blankets, pillow cases all the time. I made a matching set for my baby cousin last christmas. I make stuffed animals as well.

KristinRox
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I usually dont sew. I do know how though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)