Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions
What's your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Replies (21-21):
jaytee
by Jen on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Oh no I'm so sorry about your house!!

Congrats on the new family addition :-)

Quoting AmosFarkle:

Make whoopee with my df, then have a big breakfast (on occasion complimented with a Bloody Mary or Mimosa), then sit around reading the paper while he watches racing, snack during the afternoon, pizza for dinner, and tune into about 6 of our favorite shows.  We have a recorder going in one room while watching something else in another...

But, all of that is out the window for now.  Our house got a close lightning strike that blew out the foundation, poured mud/water/cinderblocks/bricks into the basement and ruined everything down there, now 1/2 of the upstairs floors are about to cave in...it's uninhabitable.  I can't even get to my clothes without taking my life in my hands.  Now we're living at a Microtel until the insurance adjuster gets his arse over there and we figure out what comes next.  It might have to be torn completely down.  We're looking at no less than 5 mos. of homelessness.

One day at a time....one day at a time....at least nobody was hurt.  We were there, but on the other side when....FLASH!BOOM!EARTHQUAKE!  We're still in shock, but at least we have each other.  And the dog.  The cats are still in there, but they have food/water/litter.

Oh, well.  Did I mention I have a new grandson?  baby gift

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN