Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Can your dh/so cook?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 25 Replies

Can your Dh/So cook at all? What types of things can he make? Is he as good of a cook as you?

My dh can't cook much, he can grill, and make grilled cheese and anything frozen but that is about his limit.  I'm starting school full time with mostly night classes, and I'm trying to figure out how to make sure my family is fed a healthy meal each night. I've already thought of crock pot meals and some make ahead things, but I know that isn't always going to work.  Ideas? Suggestions?

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. He's a fantastic cook. He can make pretty much anything. I think he's a better cook than me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Homeschoolmom99
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

My wife is learning she is getting really good at baking cooking not so much! I am in the same boat as you are! I see a lot of leftovers and sandwiches coming up! Or breakfast for dinner since that is what she can cook best!

countrygirlkat
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Mine has a few dishes he likes to cook and is good at but he doesn't stray from those few things. 

You could do a lot of casseroles where all he has to do is put them in the oven for a certain amount of time.  There are some really good ones on Betty Crocker's website. 

stellarmom1
by Becca on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM

breakfast for dinner is a great idea!! I know dh can make scrambled eggs at least! lol

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

My wife is learning she is getting really good at baking cooking not so much! I am in the same boat as you are! I see a lot of leftovers and sandwiches coming up! Or breakfast for dinner since that is what she can cook best!

amy7243
by Amy on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Mine never cooks....ugh.

ceciliam
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Yes, he can. He can cook all types of things.

jaytee
by Jen on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Give him a recipe and he can cook just about anything! He says I'm a better cook :-)

What about simple stuff like pasta, tacos, casseroles?

Alieda
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Lannie can cook eggs, pancakes, hot dogs and a Hamburg and anything he can put in the microwave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM

yes, but he doesn't often.

ProudMomof5Boys
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

some things n if he steps n the kitchen to cook something the kids say ''ohhh no not again'' lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)