Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Oreo Tweets Adorable Red Cookie in Honor of Mars Rover Landing

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

Oreo Tweets Adorable Red Cookie in Honor of Mars Rover Landing

Posted by Adriana Velez on August 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM

mars oreoOreo is back with another themed cookie picture -- this time it's a half-cookie with bright-red filling and little track marks in honor of the Mars rover Curiosity. "We come in peace." Awww. But once again, they are teasing us with another super-cool photo of a cookie that doesn't exist in real life. Remember their rainbow cookie?

But I still love it -- especially with the rover tracks running through the filling. What a cute detail. I hope they keep doing these funny themed cookie photos.

If you are, like me, a little bummed that you can't eat one of these, not to worry. I think it would be pretty easy to make one of your own.

Step one: Pull off one side of the chocolate cookie and eat it. My favorite part. Then I'm thinking maybe you could pull off the filling and mix it with some food coloring. The regular stuff works pretty well, but gel food coloring gets you some intense colors. I'm picturing myself kneading food coloring into a tiny ball of filling, carefully rolling it out to just the right size ... already this project is starting to sound like too much trouble.

Or, I could just get some red fondant, roll, and cut out the circle. In that case, I would just let my son scrape off and eat the original filling, which he would be more than happy to do.

Then, I'd take one of my son's little toy cars (maybe a toy truck or tractor?) and roll it over that Mars "mud" to make those little tracks. Vroom vroom! Oh right, there are no sounds in space. No one can hear you scream in space! Or play with toy cars!

Would you ever buy a themed cookie if they were available?

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Alieda
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Depends what the theme and cookie is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM
That's one cute cookie.

Quoting Alieda:

Depends what the theme and cookie is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Nice! Sure.

Shani527
by Shannon on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I do not normally buy the theme cookies, but this one is neat!

MamaMandee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM

That's cute!! Yeah I might! 

Stevied13
by Steph on Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Family4Eternity
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Most likely not. I am not an oreo fan but my family enjoys them.

SammiBaby
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 1:21 AM

How freaking adorable! I would be them I think. I don't eat cookies that often but I'd do some themed cookies. Especially if they made them look like baseballs.

Mommee42boyz
by Anita on Aug. 15, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Cool. I'll eat it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)