Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

My cuban lemon chicken and black beans and rice as asked

Take one cut up whole chicken add to a Tupperware container 1 cup lemon juice *note some recipes say add orange juice but my Cuban grandmother used bottled lemon juice so I do!  2 tablespoons each, cumin, coriander, garlic salt, black pepper and jarred garlic add to the chicken and 1/2 cup olive oil mix well set aside for at least 2 hrs. Then cook in a 350 degree oven basting often for 40 minutes covered in foil then bring up to 400 and uncover for 15 Min's or till nice and brown on all sides.

In a pot on stove add 1/2 lemon juice to two pounds black beans and the same spices as the chicken and olive oil and water to cover then Cook on low for 4 hours while the chicken marinades or in Crock pot all day This is just my comfort food so I don't use my Crock for this one lol.

Then cook white rice 1 cup and cook any kind will do and add to the cooked beans once cooked and serve all hot!

*Note that I can cook many styles of food I am quite mixed I can cook Cuban, thai, italian, american, polish, spanish you name it!

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Replies (21-25):
wendums1229
by Wendi on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

wow your are very talented lol :~@) love the dish !!! TFS :~@)

mrswillie
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Sounds good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HairClipQueen
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I'm going to have to try this!  TY for sharing =-)

Family4Eternity
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Great!

Stevied13
by Steph on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Yummy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN