Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Denny's in Vegas Will Soon Serve Up Weddings With Their Pancakes

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 6 Replies

Denny's in Vegas Will Soon Serve Up Weddings With Their Pancakes

Posted by Maressa Brown on August 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM

heart-shaped pancakeGiven the crazy my fiance and I have already encountered just a few months into wedding planning, don't think for a second that I haven't daydreamed about running off to Las Vegas to tie the knot stress-free. After all, a Vegas wedding is the perfect choice for lots of couples!

Even a Vegas wedding officiated by an Elvis impersonator in a Graceland-themed "Chapel O' Love." Even a Vegas wedding performed for $99 by a mobile minister on the side of the road. And yes, even the Vegas wedding that takes place at a Denny's where you can say "I do," then plop down and order up a plate of Moon Over My Hammy! ... Wait, what?! Yep, it's true. The popular 24/7 breakfast chain is gettin' into the marrying biz!

A brand-new Denny's (which will be the third in Las Vegas) will not only have 6,400 square feet to call its own, but it'll also include a wedding chapel at the center of the restaurant, reports the Las Vegas Sun

Denny's chief marketing officer, Frances Allen, explained:

It’s unique. It’s different. It’s going to be an icon within Vegas. People are going to want to travel to see this Denny’s. The wedding scene is such a part of Vegas, and who doesn’t want a wedding cake made out of pancakes?

Solid point. As nutty as it sounds (and as sure as I am that there are those who would definitely not want a wedding cake made out of pancakes -- like, say, Natalie Portman), I would venture to guess there are some couples who are major Denny's/breakfast/pancake fans who will really get a kick out of getting hitched there!

Maybe their first date was at a Denny's, they both grew up going to Denny's, they met at Denny's (that night at 3 a.m. probably). Whatever the case, now they'll be able to get married at Denny's and then eat pancakes and sausages to their hearts' content. I'm all for people having the option! Only in America Sin City!

What do you think: Totally crazy or could you see couples choosing to get married at Denny's?

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Shani527
by Shannon on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I agree....it is very different. Im not sure who would actually do that though....but then I dont know why anyone would get married by an elvis either. To each their own.

Family4Eternity
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM

LMBO!! Not my thing but whatever rocks your socks off.

Alieda
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:55 AM
I totally agree

Quoting Family4Eternity:

LMBO!! Not my thing but whatever rocks your socks off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevied13
by Steph on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Not for me, but I'm sure some one would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Very different but to each their own. I wouldn't personally do it!

Mommee42boyz
by Anita on Aug. 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Congratulations Beth! That is an interesting idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)