- 4 cups of cherry tomatoes, heirloom or regular
- 3-4 garlic cloves, lightly crushed but still whole
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Handful of fresh basil leaves or 2 tsp dried crushed basil
- Salt to taste
- To serve: Lightly toasted bread slices rubbed with garlic and fresh basil/thyme to garnish
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters, depending on their size.
- Mix the cut cherry tomatoes, the lightly crushed garlic cloves, olive oil, basil and salt in bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, overnight is ideal.
- Remove the fresh basil leaves and garlic cloves. Serve on top of lightly toasted bread slices that have been rubbed with a garlic clove. Garnish with fresh basil or thyme.
on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM