Spicy Honey Chicken
2 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1 jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 pounds total)
- 1 1 pound log prepared polenta, sliced 1/2-inch thick (12 slices)
1. In a medium-size bowl, stir honey, tomato, green pepper, onion, olives, vinegar, olive oil and salt. Set aside until serving.Chicken:
2. In a bowl, mix jalapeno, honey and salt. Rub mixture over chicken; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Heat gas grill to medium-high or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. Grill chicken 11 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time or until internal temperature reads 160 F on an instant-read thermometer.
4. Grill polenta about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and heated through.
5. Top chicken breast halves with tomato olivada; serve each with 3 slices of polenta.