Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Breakfast casserole?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM
  • 5 Replies

Have you ever made one? What is your favorite recipe for it? I think this would be a great idea in our house due to everyone leaving at different times. 

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
stellarmom1
by Becca on Aug. 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Ohhh I have a really good one, I'll post in the morning when I'm at the computer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by Sara on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

what are you looking for?? something in the oven or crock pot? I

just posted one for the crock pot...

If you would like something for the crock pot with different ingredients let me know and I can post more

AmosFarkle
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I've got a few at home, but can't get to them.  Most involve eggs/bread/sausage or bacon or ham, but one I made was overnight French toast.  You put it together the night before and cook it the next morning.

AmosFarkle
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Here's one somebody posted and I saved:

TATER TOT CASSEROLE - cooks.com 

32 oz. pkg. tater tots

1 to 1 1/2 dozen eggs

1/2 to 1 lb. ham, diced

12 oz. cheddar cheese, grated

In a single layer place tater tots in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Cook according to directions on package. (Cook until tender but not crispy.) Place over the top of the taters: ham, scrambled eggs, and cheese. Return to oven and reduce heat to 375 degrees. Bake until done, approximately 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

If desired, add sauteed peppers and onions, mushrooms, etc.

stellarmom1
by Becca on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Ok here is my FAVORITE breakfast casserole. It's awesome because you can put it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake! We make this for breakfast for Christmas and Easter every year!

• 1 (8-oz.) can refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 pound hot ground pork sausage (I just use regular ground breakfast sausage so it isn't too hot for the kids)
  • 1 (32-oz.) package frozen hash browns with onions and peppers ( I use Simply Potatoes southwestern style shredded hashbrowns. They are found in the refridgerated section at the grocery store. )
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese $
  • 4 large eggs $
  • 1/2 cup milk $
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

Preparation

1. 1. Unroll crescent roll dough, and press on bottom and partially up sides of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish; press perforations to seal. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes.
  2. 2. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well, and sprinkle evenly over crust.
  3. 3. Prepare frozen hash browns according to package directions, and spoon evenly over sausage. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over hash browns. (Cover and chill up to 24 hours, if desired.) Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; pour evenly over cheese.
  4. 4. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN