Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

slow cooker lasagna

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM
  • 10 Replies

Slow Cooker Lasagna

By: KIMIRN 
"This recipe is so easy, you might think that you are doing something wrong. It is delicious!"

This Kitchen Approved Recipe has an average star rating of 4.1

Original Recipe Yield 10 servings

Ingredients

• 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles
  • 12 ounces cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. In a large skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until brown. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, and oregano and stir until well incorporated. Cook until heated through.
  2. In a large bowl mix together the cottage cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
  3. Spoon a layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a double layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles. Break to fit noodles into slow cooker. Top noodles with a portion of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layering of sauce, noodles, and cheese until all the ingredients are used.
  4. Cover, and cook on LOW setting for 4 to 6 hours.

*** alot of the reviews said to add equal parts water and tomato sauce...and add additional cook time... the result is not as dry and you do not have to watch it for time as closely...***

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommee42boyz
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Aug. 20, 2012 at 5:35 PM

yum

stellarmom1
by Becca on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I've never made an actual lasagna before but I think I might make this my first try.

Family4Eternity
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:01 AM

YUMMY!

Shani527
by Shannon on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I would try this. I love lasagna!

Stevied13
by Steph on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Sounds good for supper tomorrow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I'm screwed.  I would SO do this, and maybe still could but this motel doesn't have a stove.  I DO have my crockpot though!  Hey, some things you grab when the house is about to fall down....bwahahah!

Do you suppose I could do the skillet part in the microwave?  It's a little one, and so is the crock I grabbed.  But, then again, there's only 2 of us (if you don't count the dog).

RADmomma
by Sara on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:53 PM

you might be able to just put the meat in the crock pot by itself and cook it that way.... just put it on high & cook until its done. stir it often, drain...and then add the rest.

Quoting AmosFarkle:

I'm screwed.  I would SO do this, and maybe still could but this motel doesn't have a stove.  I DO have my crockpot though!  Hey, some things you grab when the house is about to fall down....bwahahah!

Do you suppose I could do the skillet part in the microwave?  It's a little one, and so is the crock I grabbed.  But, then again, there's only 2 of us (if you don't count the dog).

kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:33 AM

sounds good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)