Slow Cooker Lasagna
Original Recipe Yield 10 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until brown. Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, and oregano and stir until well incorporated. Cook until heated through.
- In a large bowl mix together the cottage cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon a layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a double layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles. Break to fit noodles into slow cooker. Top noodles with a portion of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layering of sauce, noodles, and cheese until all the ingredients are used.
- Cover, and cook on LOW setting for 4 to 6 hours.
*** alot of the reviews said to add equal parts water and tomato sauce...and add additional cook time... the result is not as dry and you do not have to watch it for time as closely...***