Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

just a quick update......... UPDATE.....

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM
  • 24 Replies
Today I am a little over 36 weeks preggo. I thought I would give you guys a quick update...

I have been measuring 3 weeks ahead of schedule. I am going for an ultrasoundtoday to see where Dakota measures and to see if she is still breech. They doubt that she will flip if she hasn't already because of her size & how far along I am.

I'm really really hoping she has flipped because this is our ladt and I really...like really really don't want anothet csection. I have my heart set on a vbac. Don't get me wrong my first priority is a healthy baby & momma... but Raegans birth was really hard on me & I don't want to go through that again.

So if she hasn't flipped they might consider an external version where they try to coax her to flip manually but I'm not sure if they will do that because I'm a vbac. If not I'm hoping they at least chedule my csection today so I can plan... my parents will take a week off to come help. Between being out in the middle of nowhere, having a 5 year old & my homes akward layout... I'm gonna need some help. DH only has 3 vacation days so having my parents here will help a lot.

So with 25 days until my due date... I'm hoping to have some good news later. I'm honestly nervous but I keep telling myself a repeat csectionint the end of the world....

Cross ya fingers for me ladies...

So miss Dakota takes after her daddy.... she is stubborn. She found a spot she likes & has set up camp. Still breech. Good news is my DR said she doesnt see any reason not to try an external version. So I go to labor & delivery Tuesday morning to see if they can manually flip her. If not then they weill scedule a repeat csection for right around December 4 th. So she will be here then at thelatest!!
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

You're right a repeat c-section isn't the end of the world! I had 3, my first being so hard to recover from! They just got easier to recover from after that. Pain management is key, imo.

I do hope things turn out the way you want though. Ask the doc to schedule today if she (or he) doesn't think baby will flip. Tell her(or him) you NEED to be able to plan. Lots of luck to you for a easy delivery and recovery (no matter the situation). Post pics as soon as you're able to. Can't wait to see little Dakota!

RADmomma
by Sara on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Quoting jaytee:

You're right a repeat c-section isn't the end of the world! I had 3, my first being so hard to recover from! They just got easier to recover from after that. Pain management is key, imo.

I do hope things turn out the way you want though. Ask the doc to schedule today if she (or he) doesn't think baby will flip. Tell her(or him) you NEED to be able to plan. Lots of luck to you for a easy delivery and recovery (no matter the situation). Post pics as soon as you're able to. can't wait to see little dakota!

Oh I am not leaving without a date if she hasn't flipped. When I went two weeks ago they told me all of this would happen at last weeks appointment but the dr I saw last week looked at me like I had six heads & told me she didn't talk to the other drs & had no idea about any of tjis.... so I am running out of time... with the turkey day office closings next week.... my next appointment isn't until te 28th which would put me over 38 weeks... I'm nt waiting that long for a date.

Do u think the recovery was easier with the second & third?? I think that's my bigest concern.

Excuse my typos.... this tablet is hard
jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Good! Don't you dislike it when people look at you like you have more than one head?!

Yes recovery was easier with my second and third. Don't get me wrong I still had pain. My best advice is as follows:

Get up as soon as they let you.

Walk around as much as possible (without wearing yourself out) even if you're walking very slowly

Take a shower as soon as they let you.

Take your meds as often as you can even if you're feeling fine, at least for the first 4-5 days.

Let people help you!

Quoting RADmomma:

Quoting jaytee:

I do hope things turn out the way you want though. Ask the doc to schedule today if she (or he) doesn't think baby will flip. Tell her(or him) you NEED to be able to plan. Lots of luck to you for a easy delivery and recovery (no matter the situation). Post pics as soon as you're able to. can't wait to see little dakota!

Oh I am not leaving without a date if she hasn't flipped. When I went two weeks ago they told me all of this would happen at last weeks appointment but the dr I saw last week looked at me like I had six heads & told me she didn't talk to the other drs & had no idea about any of tjis.... so I am running out of time... with the turkey day office closings next week.... my next appointment isn't until te 28th which would put me over 38 weeks... I'm nt waiting that long for a date.

Do u think the recovery was easier with the second & third?? I think that's my bigest concern.

Excuse my typos.... this tablet is hard

RADmomma
by Sara on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Quoting jaytee:

Having help is the tough part. All of my family is 3+ hours away...and my parents will need to put infor vacation time in order to spend more than a few days so in one way... a planned csection would be easier bc then they could plan.

My big concern is sleeping... my bedroom is upstairs & they are not easy to walk up now... I can't imagine after delivery. Maybe I will set up camp in the livingroom dowstairs with the baby!!
RADmomma
by Sara on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM
I'm hoping if its planned it won't be as hard on my body because I didn't labor forever before hand...
With Rae I labored for 4 days all natural before my csection so I'm sure the labor & then surgery will be harder than just going straight to surgery!!
jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:41 AM

That is a wonderful idea! You're suppose to avoid stairs after a c-section! You have a bathroom downstairs right? You said your husband only has 3 days of vaca right?

Quoting RADmomma:

Quoting jaytee:

Having help is the tough part. All of my family is 3+ hours away...and my parents will need to put infor vacation time in order to spend more than a few days so in one way... a planned csection would be easier bc then they could plan.

My big concern is sleeping... my bedroom is upstairs & they are not easy to walk up now... I can't imagine after delivery. Maybe I will set up camp in the livingroom dowstairs with the baby!!

RADmomma
by Sara on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Quoting jaytee:

Yeah we have a full bath downstairs & upstairs...

And yes Dh only has 3 vaca days... so I'm hoping if its scheduled he can work while in in the hospital & then stay home while I'm home... but I guess it will all depend. Hopefully they will schedule on a Friday... so then he can have sat,sun off & take vaca time mon, tues, wed.
jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Oh yes, should definitely be easier, but that's only my opinion. I never labored (real labor) with any of my kids. I had an emergency c-sections with my 1st and 3rd because of placenta abruption. You know you can ask them to do the cath after your spinal (or whatever you get) if you do end up with a c-section. I do not like a cath!!! Ugh!

Quoting RADmomma:

I'm hoping if its planned it won't be as hard on my body because I didn't labor forever before hand...
With Rae I labored for 4 days all natural before my csection so I'm sure the labor & then surgery will be harder than just going straight to surgery!!

jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Ask them to schedule on a Friday if they do decide to do a c-section. I was going to suggest he work while you were in the hospital...take advantage of the fact that you have nurses to help you while you're in the hospital! You need him most when you are home!! Best of luck to you!

Quoting RADmomma:

Quoting jaytee:

Yeah we have a full bath downstairs & upstairs...

And yes Dh only has 3 vaca days... so I'm hoping if its scheduled he can work while in in the hospital & then stay home while I'm home... but I guess it will all depend. Hopefully they will schedule on a Friday... so then he can have sat,sun off & take vaca time mon, tues, wed.

RADmomma
by Sara on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Thanks jen!!! I find out in a few hours!! I'll let ya know what happens!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN