Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long does the turkey take??

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:21 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok...so I have never made a turkey before. We always go to my Grandmothers for Thanksgiving and I make dessert. I have made whole chickens before but never a turkey...

How long will my turkey take to roast? The rule for a whole chicken is usually 20 minutes per pound... does that still apply for the turkey??

if thats the case my turkey will take just anout 4.5 hours...

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:01 PM
I don't know, I've never made one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevied13
by Steph on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:32 AM
It should say right on the package. I usually cook mine 4-5 hrs for a good sized turkey.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by Sara on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this

ok dont laugh. but I never thought to look on the package. I was talking to DH this morning about making sure we put it in early incase it takes forever... He looked at me & giggled... "what"...."sara... did you even look at the packae at all?" ..."ahh no...why?" "babe it says right here 3hrs to 3 hrs 45 min"... PLUS its got a pop up timer babe... I think I can handle the turkey... go sit down... and giggled some more" LOL

Quoting Stevied13:

It should say right on the package. I usually cook mine 4-5 hrs for a good sized turkey.

Stevied13
by Steph on Nov. 22, 2012 at 4:46 PM
:) i didn't know either til I cooked my first one.

Quoting RADmomma:

ok dont laugh. but I never thought to look on the package. I was talking to DH this morning about making sure we put it in early incase it takes forever... He looked at me & giggled... "what"...."sara... did you even look at the packae at all?" ..."ahh no...why?" "babe it says right here 3hrs to 3 hrs 45 min"... PLUS its got a pop up timer babe... I think I can handle the turkey... go sit down... and giggled some more" LOL

Quoting Stevied13:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Tell the dh it's hormones....hormones....yeah, hubby - YOU try having something kicking the crap out of you, and those pesky Braxton-Hix "please don't remind me how painful this birthing junk is!" thingies.  He's lucky you didn't throw the turkey at him! 

I'm sure it was good, though.  You've seemed so calm and cool throughout this pregnancy. blowing kisses

RADmomma
by Sara on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:22 PM

honestly this pregnancy has been so much easier than when I was preggo with Raegan. My hormones have been pretty good. I havent broken down into tears about anything...except sappy commercials. LOL. I do find my patience with the dogs is less than before... but they are small and always under my feet. They dont move when I walk .... so I end up stepping on them or tripping over them. drives me nuts.

I have been having contractions but nothing like with Raegan. Dakota seems like she much more laid back in there than Rae was. We did take a trip to L&D the other night because the contractions got pretty close together for a few hours & where I am a vbac and had just had the external version done they wanted to check me... but once I was there they spaced out and sent me home.

But now...I am ready to be done. I havent slept good in weeks because my hips are killing me. I have been seeing a chiropractor 4 times a week for the last 3 weeks and it helps a little bit but not enough. We have everything we need (for the most part...I am sure there is something we forgot) but we have all the big stuff. Her bed & carseat are ready. I have plenty of cloth diapers and we are good to go.  I am almost 38 weeks so I am huge, uncomfortable all the time and ready for her to be here... but then again this is our last so I am trying to just take it all in and appreciate it at the same time.

Quoting AmosFarkle:

Tell the dh it's hormones....hormones....yeah, hubby - YOU try having something kicking the crap out of you, and those pesky Braxton-Hix "please don't remind me how painful this birthing junk is!" thingies.  He's lucky you didn't throw the turkey at him! 

I'm sure it was good, though.  You've seemed so calm and cool throughout this pregnancy. blowing kisses

jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Aww, I loved your little story!

I was going to ask if you looked at the package for directions!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)