Turkey Taco Salad
Make this favorite more healthful by topping whole grain chips with lettuce, corn, lean turkey, salsa, and reduced-fat cheese.
Servings: 1 (about 3 cups)
Carb per serving: 32 grams
Start to finish: 10 minutes
- 1 ounce small round tortilla chips (about 24 chips) (such as Tostitos Bite Size Naturally Made with Whole Grains)
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 ounces shredded cooked turkey or chicken breast meat
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium salsa (such as Newman's Own)
- 3 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese blend (such as Sargento)
1. Place chips on a plate. Top with lettuce, corn, turkey, salsa, and cheese.
TIP: Use frozen corn so you can thaw only what you need and save on sodium, too.
PER SERVING: 379 cal., 12 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 86 mg chol., 379 mg sodium, 32 g carb. (5 g fiber, 3 g sugars), 35 g pro.
Exchanges: 2 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 fat.