Thai Noodle Bowl
Here's a quick fix: Stir lean chunks of turkey into a soup made from chicken broth, pad thai noodles, broccoli, carrots, and bean sprouts.
Servings: 4 (about 2 cups each)
Carb per serving: 27 grams
Start to finish: 25 minutes
- 32 ounces unsalted chicken stock
- 1-1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 ounces uncooked pad thai noodles or white rice noodles
- 12 ounces chopped cooked turkey or chicken breast meat
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (2)
1. In a large soup pot heat chicken stock and soy sauce over medium heat. Stir in broccoli, carrots, bean sprouts, noodles, and turkey. Cook about 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft and noodles are cooked.
2. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with green onions.
TIP: You get a bigger serving by bulking up your bowl with nutritious, nonstarchy vegetables.
PER SERVING: 270 cal., 1 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 71 mg chol., 448 mg sodium, 27 g carb. (4 g fiber, 2 g sugars), 34 g pro.
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 4 lean meat.