Give your salad a twist with sprouts instead of greens. Broccoli sprouts have at least 20 times more antioxidants (sulforaphane) as mature broccoli.
Carb per serving: 28 grams
Start to finish: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts (such as Brocco Sprouts)
- 3 ounces cubed cooked turkey or chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper strips
- 1/4 cup sweet onion slices
- 2 tablespoons Bolthouse Farms Raspberry Merlot Olive Oil Vinaigrette
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 Triscuit Thin Crisps
1. Spread the sprouts on a salad plate, then layer on turkey, red pepper, and onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with black pepper. Serve Triscuit crackers on the side.
PER SERVING: 273 cal., 4 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 71 mg chol., 219 mg sodium, 28 g carb. (4 g fiber, 8 g sugars), 29 g pro.
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 veg, 1 fat, 3 lean meat.