Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Old Fashion Bread Pudding Recipe from 1953

Posted by   + Show Post

Old Fashion Bread Pudding Recipe

Here's the best Bread Pudding Recipe I have found. It's called Old Fashion Bread Pudding.

4 cups bread cubes
2 cups milk scalded with 1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs slightly beaten
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup raisons

Heat oven to 350. Put bread crumbs in 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Blend in remaining ingredients and stir. Place baking dish in a pan of hot water, about 1 in deep and bake for 45 to ro minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean. (Recipe from 1953)

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Replies (11-19):
wendums1229
by Wendi on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Quoting AmosFarkle:

I was just a twinkle in my daddy's eye then!  This sounds good, easy, and economical.

thats why I like the older recipes, they were so much more simple and it just seemed to taste better in my opinion :~@)

deadlights86
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:35 AM

My mom makes the BEST bread pudding. She made me a big pan when I had my misscarriage. 

wendums1229
by Wendi on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Quoting deadlights86:

My mom makes the BEST bread pudding. She made me a big pan when I had my misscarriage. 

aw sorry to hear that. Been there......

on a good note you gotta see if you can get her recipe lol I am always trying new ways to make this I just love it. I think I could eat it everyday....well almost every day hee hee :~@)

deadlights86
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM
I'm not sure if she has a recipe. She eyeballs everything but I'll ask I know
She uses stale French bread though and real butter I'll see if I can find out the rest later she's at work.

Quoting wendums1229:

Quoting deadlights86:

on a good note you gotta see if you can get her recipe lol I am always trying new ways to make this I just love it. I think I could eat it everyday....well almost every day hee hee :~@)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stevied13
by Steph on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Love bread pudding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
busymommy23
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM

ohhhh that looks so yummy!   I have eaten it, but never made it.   Now I wanna make it lol......thanks for sharing :)

wendums1229
by Wendi on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Quoting busymommy23:

ohhhh that looks so yummy!   I have eaten it, but never made it.   Now I wanna make it lol......thanks for sharing :)

you are more than welcome:~@)

wendums1229
by Wendi on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Quoting deadlights86:

I'm not sure if she has a recipe. She eyeballs everything but I'll ask I know
She uses stale French bread though and real butter I'll see if I can find out the rest later she's at work.

Quoting wendums1229:

Quoting deadlights86:

That would be amazing!! My grandmother used to put her bread on the back porch ( it was enclosed lol ) till it got stale, it ( i think ) makes the best bread pudding !! :~@)

SammiBaby
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Ooh this sounds really really good! I'm not even sure I've had bread pudding before but it sounds good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN