Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Enchilada recipe please??

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • 13 Replies

Does anyone have a good recipe for enchiladas? I usually make the sour cream sauce ones, but I'm in the mood for red sauce ones with corn tortillas!! Does anyone have a recipe they have made before?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:45 AM
I don't have any,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Family4Eternity
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Corn tortillas cooked in hot oil until soft
 shredded beef, pork or chicken
 canned of red sauce 

Pour desired amount of red sauce on meat. (enough to coat) Roll meat into corn tortillas & place in casserole dish. Pour desired amount of sauce over them, sprinkle with shredded cheese & bake until cheese is melted. 

Optional-Serve with
shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes
black olives
avacado

RADmomma
by Sara on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I kinda cheat...

I toss a few chicken breasts in the crock pot with a can of salsa... cook through until shreds with a fork.

Then I make some spanish rice... put the rice on the tortilla, add chicken & salsa, add veggies, roll...put them in a baking dish. top with enchilada sauce & cheese... bake until heated through and cheese is melted... then serve with sour cream

amonkeymom
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Mine is similar but with ground beef and refried black beans mixed together.

Quoting Family4Eternity:

canned of red sauce 

Pour desired amount of red sauce on meat. (enough to coat) Roll meat into corn tortillas & place in casserole dish. Pour desired amount of sauce over them, sprinkle with shredded cheese & bake until cheese is melted. 

Optional-Serve with
shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes
black olives
avacado

jaytee
by Jen on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM
That sounds delicious!

Quoting RADmomma:

I kinda cheat...

I toss a few chicken breasts in the crock pot with a can of salsa... cook through until shreds with a fork.

Then I make some spanish rice... put the rice on the tortilla, add chicken & salsa, add veggies, roll...put them in a baking dish. top with enchilada sauce & cheese... bake until heated through and cheese is melted... then serve with sour cream

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Jen on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM
This is how my ex mil made them. They were yummy!

Quoting Family4Eternity:

canned of red sauce 

Optional-Serve with
shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes
black olives
avacado

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmosFarkle
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:23 AM

This is the one I use.  It has red salsa and I would think you could use corn tortillas.  No sour cream, but does have cream cheese.  My df asks me to make them often, and they're really simple.

FAST AND EASY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese (low-fat is fine)

1 c. red salsa, your favorite (you can control the heat here for little ones)

2 c. chopped or shredded cooked chicken breast meat 

1 (15.5oz) can pinto beans, drained (black beans would work, but pintos are softer)

6 (6") flour tortillas (yup, I'm sure you could use corn)

2 c. shredded Colby-Jack cheese

1 small can green salsa,optional (I added this one, basically more for garnish/looks)

Various garnishes, such as lettuce, tomatoes, chopped cucumbers or sour cream

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9"x13" baking dish.

IN a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the cream cheese and red salsa.  Cook, stirring, until melted and well blended.  Stir in chicken and beans.  Fill tortillas with the mixture, roll, and place into the prepared baking dish.  Spread cheese over the top. (This is where I drizzled the green salsa over all.) Cover with foil.

BAKE for 30 min., or until heated through.  Garnish with your favorite toppings.

Stevied13
by Steph on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I'm hungry for these now. I just use the can stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stellarmom1
by Becca on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Thanks for all the great ideas ladies! I kind of winged it! I bought a rotisserie chicken and shredded it, and added cumin, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to it.  Then poured a little enchilada red sauce to it and mixed in some black beans.  Then I heated a little oil in a frying pan and dipped the corn tortillas until they were pliable.  Finally I added the chicken and black beans, some shredded cheese and rolled them.  Topped with red enchilada sauce and MORE Jack and cheddar cheeese. They were delicious!

AmosFarkle
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Becca, sounds yummy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN