Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

I've never had that!! (PIOG)

Posted by   + Show Post

What is a food item that you have never had that most people have?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Replies (31-37):
AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Sushi...not a big fan of the little rolls, but tuna tataki is awesome!  It's tuna that's encrusted with a sesame seed mixture, then quickly seared.  It's cut into thin slices and served with wasabi and soy sauce.  The inside, well it's pretty much raw tuna but it doesn't taste or feel that way.  One MUST eat it with chopsticks.  And a bit of saki or a dry martini on the side completes it.  Sometimes they have a little seaweed salad with it.

Gee, now I'm wanting some.  It's everso non-fattening.  Well, except for that alkeehol...

Family4Eternity
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM

sushi

Family4Eternity
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM

collard greens

Family4Eternity
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM

apple pie ala mode

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I can find this at a sushi place I'm assuming? I am so having this the next time if so. You make it sound so amazing!

Quoting Oh I am so trying this hAmosFarkle:

Sushi...not a big fan of the little rolls, but tuna tataki is awesome!  It's tuna that's encrusted with a sesame seed mixture, then quickly seared.  It's cut into thin slices and served with wasabi and soy sauce.  The inside, well it's pretty much raw tuna but it doesn't taste or feel that way.  One MUST eat it with chopsticks.  And a bit of saki or a dry martini on the side completes it.  Sometimes they have a little seaweed salad with it.

Gee, now I'm wanting some.  It's everso non-fattening.  Well, except for that alkeehol...

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM

What is chow-chow and piccalilly? My DH says I have to try one at least once.

Quoting AmosFarkle:

WHATTTTT?????  Oh, honey chile....you jest ain't been in da South much, has ya?  Thas thuh ONLIEST way to eat yore hawt dawgs!  None uv this relish junk - no siree-Bob.  Sum good ol' chili, mustard, and onions...now, THAT'S uh hawt dawg!  Although we'll a-letcha put sum uv that relishy stuff awn it AFTER thuh chili.  Preferably good ol' chow-chow or piccalilly.  Homemade, uv cawse!

Quoting jaytee:

Chili dog

adamsmom0116
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM

mushrooms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)