Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me loose it...??

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM
  • 14 Replies
I need to loose the extra baby weight!!! I have a loooong way till my goal weight so I need some help!

I need healthy quick breakfast and snack ideas!
I drink water a lot and eat healthy dinners (for the most part) but I am finding myself slacking during the day! I am just grabbing whatever is handy because between homeschooling Raegan, pumping & feeding Dakota and tending to the house... I don't have much time or energy!!

I much on trail mix, fruit like apples with ob & bananas, I also like hummus but the store was out of my flavor last time I went. Other than that I am at a loss! I have been eating old fashion oatmeal for breakfast but I can't eat that everyday!!

I would like to do a protein shake but I don't know what protein powder to get!!

Anyone gave any quick, healthy ideas to share???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Sara on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Apples & peanut butter***
BelindaDuvessa
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

First, congratulations on wanting to lose the weight!

Second, join the group "Healthy Weight Loss" on here.  This group is great, but it's not really centered on losing weight.  Healthy Weight Loss is.  There's tons of nice ladies on there who are more than willing to help you reach your goals.

I munch on fruits as my snacks, and try to have a little bit of protein with them to keep me fuller longer.  I throw veggies into everything.  I substitute full fat with lower fat items.  I don't do fat free, though.  It just tastes wrong.  I do compare labels and try to find the better food choice.  And don't be afraid to try new foods.

RADmomma
by Sara on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Thanks! I'm just looking for some healthy snack & breakfast ideas not really weight loss tips, do u think that other group is worth checking out? I'll pop over & take a peek!!!

But I know some of the ladies here will have something to suggest!! I am going to go look thru the recipe index when I get to my computer & see what I can find!!

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

Second, join the group "Healthy Weight Loss" on here.  This group is great, but it's not really centered on losing weight.  Healthy Weight Loss is.  There's tons of nice ladies on there who are more than willing to help you reach your goals.

I munch on fruits as my snacks, and try to have a little bit of protein with them to keep me fuller longer.  I throw veggies into everything.  I substitute full fat with lower fat items.  I don't do fat free, though.  It just tastes wrong.  I do compare labels and try to find the better food choice.  And don't be afraid to try new foods.

BelindaDuvessa
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:19 AM

The ladies there will absolutely have ideas.  And yeah, you kinda did make it sound like you were looking for both, or maybe I misread.  Either way, they will have suggestions I'm sure.

RADmomma
by Sara on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:18 AM
I'm sorry! I posted this while trying to keep my eyes open during the baby's midnight feeding!! Lol!!

Thanks for the advice!!

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

The ladies there will absolutely have ideas.  And yeah, you kinda did make it sound like you were looking for both, or maybe I misread.  Either way, they will have suggestions I'm sure.

AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Hey, thanks!  It's my df who really needs me to keep him in line.  (Having a stroke and being 50-60 lbs. overweight will give you a wake-up call.)  But I'd love to lose 5-10 more lbs.  Gonna check out that group!

Quoting BelindaDuvessa:

AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Sara, Dakota is only a little over a month old, and you're nursing.  Plus, Raegan is active and you're chasing after her all day.  The weight will come off as long as you stay focused.  I suggest buying some portioned styrofoam or paper plates so you can know how much you're eating.  Then it's not so much about WHAT, but how MUCH.  It works great for the df.  (I told him I'm like the hospital cafeteria...you get what you're served, and this is all you get.)

Ya'll are right about fat-free 'cause they usually add something like sugar to substitute for the fat.  Depends on the product.  I found out a couple of spoons of REAL cottage cheese (the 4% kind) is better than a half-container of fat-free or low-fat.  It satisfies me more.

AmyD43
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:21 AM
I buy targets market pantry vanilla protein powder. It's more expensive then Walmart brand but tastes better.

I put 1scoop powder add some frozen bagged fruit from store, 1/2 banana and 8oz milk. Blend it in my magic bullet and its quick and healthy.

I've lost 12lbs in 3 weeks

I have a shake for breakfast, when ever I'm hungry during day and before bed as I was waking up hungry at night. I eat a real lunch and dinner that I cook or if I'm lazy lean cusine.

My son is 1and I'm just starting to get on track again! Good luck
Inbox me if you need anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by Sara on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Thanks so much! Is it whey protein?

Quoting AmyD43:

I buy targets market pantry vanilla protein powder. It's more expensive then Walmart brand but tastes better.

I put 1scoop powder add some frozen bagged fruit from store, 1/2 banana and 8oz milk. Blend it in my magic bullet and its quick and healthy.

I have a shake for breakfast, when ever I'm hungry during day and before bed as I was waking up hungry at night. I eat a real lunch and dinner that I cook or if I'm lazy lean cusine.

AmyD43
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes it is whey

Walmart is $4 cheaper but I think it tastes a little funny. It's called body fortress at Walmart.

Quoting RADmomma:

Thanks so much! Is it whey protein?

Quoting AmyD43:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)