Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of refrigerators, any suggestions?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:51 AM
  • 15 Replies

I still have one that works, but my double-door w/door dispenser bit the dust in the Great Lightning Strike of '12.  It's a given that I'll be getting a new one (insurance will have to pay, whether they like it or not).  I'm thinking about one with French doors and a freezer drawer on the bottom.

Could anyone advise me?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stellarmom1
by Becca on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Eh, I have zero knowledge on the subject, but good luck! :)

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM

My mom has a refrigerator like the one you are describing. The only problem she has had has been with the ice dispenser not being able to keep up and making ice really s-l-o-w-l-y!

Lots of room in her fridge!

RADmomma
by Sara on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM

i wonder how much room the freezer has compared to a side by side

AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I wondered about that too, Sara.  When I see them on Food Network, everything looks so organized and easy to get to.  But then again, they haven't seen the likes of what's in my freezer.

Jen, thanks for the heads up!  We do use a lot of ice since when the df goes to work he fills up a small cooler.  (Every other guitar player I know drinks beer, but him...meh...gotta be filtered water.)

candycrush
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Not a fan of my side by side. Would love one with french doors.

Heather2001
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I have a GE french door bottom freezer and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  Tons of room and my produce lasts forever!!!

Family4Eternity
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Sorry I have no clue.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:30 AM
My cousin has one with the freezer on the bottom. But just on door for the fridge. I really like his.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stevied13
by Steph on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I go for size. We have a big one....regular fridge/freezer
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:59 AM

That's what I think I really, really want.  I found one at Lowe's yesterday that was a decent price.  I'll have to keep looking, 'cause I was with the contractor and we were actually looking for stackable washer/dryer sets and a glass patio door to replace the one I had.  I think I need to spend a day at Lowe's.  LOL

Quoting Heather2001:

I have a GE french door bottom freezer and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  Tons of room and my produce lasts forever!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)