Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Your mission, should you decide to accept it...(think Man From U.N.C.L.E) hahah

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

So many of us who didn't take French lessons use the spelling, "Wallah!", and we all know what it means.  But your lesson for today, should you decide not to slap me...and if you do, this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

voi·là (vwä-lä)

interj.
Used to call attention to or express satisfaction with a thing shown or accomplished: Mix the ingredients, chill, andvoilà!a light, tasty dessert.

::::slinking away to my corner::::
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM
2 moms liked this

So my mission is to use the word "voi-la" as much as possible right?!

SammiBaby
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I did know how it was spelled/pronounced but I don't say it very often. I'll totally find a reason to say it though!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmosFarkle
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Your "mission" is WHEN you write it, it's spelled voila.  The old teacher is coming out in me.....

(Mind if I slap MYSELF?  slap Ow!  Thanks, I needed that...)

Larisa72
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL  I DID take French, and this never ceases to amuse me.  My son (7th grade) is taking an intro to world cultures and languages and just finished the French section...he STILL says "wallah"....and my daughter (3rd grade) who never took French in any form also says it....I just look at them and ask them to spell the word they used then tell me what it means....the typical response is a blank look, but sometimes, the younger will say, "You know, French for "tahdah"...right?"  lol

AmosFarkle
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

That's so cute!  And really, pretty much on the money!!!! girl giving flower

Quoting Larisa72:

LOL  I DID take French, and this never ceases to amuse me.  My son (7th grade) is taking an intro to world cultures and languages and just finished the French section...he STILL says "wallah"....and my daughter (3rd grade) who never took French in any form also says it....I just look at them and ask them to spell the word they used then tell me what it means....the typical response is a blank look, but sometimes, the younger will say, "You know, French for "tahdah"...right?"  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN