Candy-Bar Stuffed Cookie Is the Ultimate Valentine's Day Sweet
Valentine's Day, as you may know, is almost exactly a week away. It's easy enough to get worked up about how it's a silly Hallmark holiday, but let's think positive! See, it's also a great opportunity to bake up an incredibly decadent treat for your sweetheart and/or yourself!
Yeah, conversation hearts are cute, but sometimes, you really want to go to town. And if you do, have I got the recipe for you: Skillet Baked Candy Bar Stuffed Double Cookie! ZOMG. On second thought, maybe "go to town" doesn't even begin to cover it! It's more like an ooey-gooey, chocolate-packed dream come true. Check it out ...
Skillet Baked Candy Bar Stuffed Double Cookie adapted from Picky-Palate.com
- 1 (16-ounce) roll sugar cookie dough
- 12-15 pieces of your favorite candy bars
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted, softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 10- or 12-inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Unwrap and press sugar cookie dough into bottom of skillet. Top with your favorite Halloween candy bars.
- Place butter and sugars into a large bowl and cream until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beating until well combined. Slowly add flour, salt, and baking soda stirring until nearly all combined. Add chips and stir to combine. Use this cookie dough to top over candy bars, pressing evenly. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until golden and baked through. Let cool completely before cutting into wedges.
Makes 8 servings.