Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

How do you make comfort food meals that the whole family will enjoy?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 161 Replies
4 moms liked this

Getting your kids to eat comfort food meals the whole family will enjoy can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We gave 50 CafeMom members a free coupon for Ragu pasta sauce and a Target gift card and asked them to make comfort food meals that the whole family would enjoy. By starting with Ragu and other ingredients that your family loves, you can make a meal for everyone!

Tell us about your busy family. How do you make comfort food meals that the whole family will enjoy?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Make something that everyone loves.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530

Well they both love cheese and meat so I know that if I incorporate anything with the two it will usually be a hit with one of them lol  I always try to find nice recipes with their favorite foods.

karone04

I make a mild version for my son and then add the spices I want for that meal to mine and dh's. If it is not spicy enough for dh then he adds either his spices or hot sauce to it.

.Angelica.
2 moms liked this

my son won't eat hardly anything and my daughter won't refuse anything. lol. so it's hard to find a meal that everyone will enjoy.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I received my coupon and gift card yesterday! I would first like to say Thank you to Ragu,Target and Cafemom for choosing us for such a yummy influencer! For our comfort food we decided to make a dish called red and white pasta. It is not only a nice cheap meal, it is easy to make and nice and hearty as well. There are only 4 ingredients in this dish,Pasta(we used Elbow macaroni), Ragu Alfredo sauce,Spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese! The total cost for everything pictured was less then $10!!!

Once you have all your ingrediants prep'd you mix them together and bake for 15 minutes

Then just serve and eat! A delicious,simple and inexpensive meal! Everyone loved it!

skinsfan26
1 mom liked this

cowboy spaghetti

othermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM

There are certain comfort food and meals that we are pretty sure that the kids will eat any time we make them. Often spaghetti with sausage or pepperoni is one we will make. Another meal is burritos.

ambermario4ever

I make something with cheese or chicken.

Ginger0104
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

If a meal can include cheese and pasta, my family loves it.  It's a great way to get veggies into them.

bwsmommy

I stick to basics and make sure everyone will eat it .. Tacos , pasta and hamburgers are big on our list as well as chili and hotdogs .. Pizza comes in at the top ... but with that one everyone gets there own as no one likes the same toppings .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN