Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

recipes with tons of ingredients

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 14 Replies
Do recipes that have a lot if ingredients "scare" You?
How many ingredients is too many for you?.

I tend to stay away from recipes with lots of ingredients especially if they aren't ingredients i use a lot. If i have to buy bottles.of.sauces or seasoning i don't like it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:56 AM

depends. If they are things i have to go out and buy and will only use for the one thing, i don't even bother

RADmomma
by Sara on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Here too, unless I can find a substitute

Quoting .Angelica.:

depends. If they are things i have to go out and buy and will only use for the one thing, i don't even bother

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:05 PM
It depends. If its a lot of items that I keep around for other recipes then I will try it. But if its tons of things I don't use I pass.
adamsmom0116
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM

During the week, I don't want to mess around for a long time cooking supper. I like things that are quick, easy, and have few ingredients. Usually we squeeze in supper after work/school and before someone's ball game.

Weekends are my cooking time. If we are home, that's when I pull out the things that take longer to make or things that have more ingredients. They don't "scare" me. I just don't want to mess around with it during the week.

abra
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Exactly!

Quoting RADmomma:

Quoting .Angelica.:

SammiBaby
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:58 PM

They don't scare me I actually like those type of recipes but as of lately I try to avoid them simply because of cost unless of couse all the items are things I already have.

Stevied13
by Steph on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Sometimes.....depends if its spices as the long list. And if I have time to make it
TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM
That's my biggest issue. My grocery budget is very very small so unless.its stuff i use already each additional item adds up.

Quoting SammiBaby:

They don't scare me I actually like those type of recipes but as of lately I try to avoid them simply because of cost unless of couse all the items are things I already have.

Maries_Mom23
by Alice on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Exactly.

Quoting RADmomma:

Quoting .Angelica.:

wendums1229
by Wendi on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I agree with Sara

Quoting RADmomma:

Quoting .Angelica.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)