Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Please help, need suggestions, thanks

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 24 Replies

My boyfriend is a truck driver and he has no access to a stove, microwave or refrigerator. 

can you suggestion any recipes that i can make for him at home that he can take to work with him?

he's on the road at least 10 hours a day. 

he doesn't want to buy fast food because it's unhealthy and we can not afford it anymore. 

also, he doesn't want to buy a cooler that plugs into a cigerette lighter because it will drain the battery in the truck. 

are there any suggestions you can give for storing food while he's driving?

thanks in advance. 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

You can always make things that he can wrap in foil and heat on the dashboard (my ex used to do that) or use an icepack in a cooler to keep cold things cold.

wendums1229
by Wendi on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Meatloaf sandwiches are great cold fried chicken is also good. Maybe try to think of picnic items.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Crazy... Maybe... But what about looking into a baby bottle warmer. I know they have car ones... Use it as needed. Stews, ravioli, ect. 

MichelleK41
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Ice packs in  a cooler without and you could go with any type of food he can eat chilled like chicken salad, veggies, fruit, etc.

You can also foil up foods after making sure they are real hot before wrapped and inserting them in the foil bags to keep them warm.

Sisteract
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Sandwiches-packets of condiments, sealed and opened when he eats.

Cooler with icepacks- some of them last 12 hours or more: yogurt, fruits, veggies, cheese cubes, dips-

SammiBaby
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd get a cooler with ice packs and get the lunch meat, cheeses, yogurts would last. ummmm I'm trying to think of some healthier ideas. I'd make deli wraps and then wrap them in foil to keep them warm/cold.

For whatever reason I am having a hard time thinking up ideas.

KaylaMillar
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

wraps, meat and cheese, sandwiches

MamaMandee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad you are getting more ideas over here :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Great ideas. 

Quoting MichelleK41:

Ice packs in  a cooler without and you could go with any type of food he can eat chilled like chicken salad, veggies, fruit, etc.

You can also foil up foods after making sure they are real hot before wrapped and inserting them in the foil bags to keep them warm.

txmom-o-3
by Kathy on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

When my kids were in school, and when I used to work out of town I bought some soup thermoses. They are wide mouthed.  In the morning I would heat up left over casseroles,or stew or soup, etc., and put it in the thermos.  I also had a lunch box that was insulated with a divider.  I would put ice packs in one side for cold food.  I could take hot food, salads, fruit, whatever. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)