I'm not a real fan of coconut cake, but at this time of year I'm tempted. This sounded really simple.
Along with the best ever Easter dinner recipes must be some fantastic Easter dessert recipes, right? Right! This delicious coconut cake is not only fantastic, it's super easy. Plus, you make it 3 days ahead of time, so you're not rushing around when you want to serve.
Cooking Time: 35 min
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients listed on box to make cake
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup sour cream
- Make the cake from the mix according to package directions; bake it in two round pans.
- When cakes are cool, slice each in half horizontally, so that you have four equal layers.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and coconut. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture, and use the rest to cover the four cake layers, stacking them as you go.
- Mix the reserved cup of mixture with the whipped cream, and use this to frost the outside of the cake. For a more Easter-y cake, decorate with green tinted coconut and jellybeans.
- Refrigerate 3 days before eating.