Bacon-Alfredo Casserole from the Pillsbury site!
- box (1 lb) spaghetti
- cup butter
- cup all-purpose flour
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- quart half-and-half
- slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 1/2
- cups grated Parmesan cheese
- egg, slightly beaten
- tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In 5-quart Dutch oven, cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package; set aside. In same Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth and bubbly. Gradually stir in half-and-half. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 3Add cooked spaghetti, bacon, peas and 1 cup of the cheese; toss to coat spaghetti. Stir in egg. Spoon into baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 4Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until set and edges are bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley. Cut into squares to serve.
Vary this recipe by using your favorite frozen veggie or combination of veggies in place of the peas.
To quickly thaw peas, place in colander or strainer; rinse with warm water until thawed. Drain well.
Servings # 12
- # of ingredients 11
- prep time 35 Min
- total time 1 Hr 35 Min