Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

Help Please: Kid Snack Recipe

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 9 Replies

Tonight my daughter has a "Dad's Night" event at preschool.  They want all of the kids to make a snack with the their Dad to bring and share with their friends at the event.  My daughter's father is not going with her (he is an idiot), but her Uncle will be going.  I need help coming up with ideas for an easy, fun, yummy snack for my daughter and her Uncle to make together.  My daughter is very excited and I am drawing a blank.  It doesn't have to be a "snack."  It can be an appetizer or dessert-type item.  Drinks are being provided so not a drink.  Also, it probably shouldn't be something that needs to be cold for too long because it will be out from 6:30pm to around 8pm.    This is for tonight, so any ideas are welcome!''

Thank you!!!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SarahMommie
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Bacon wrapped water chestnuts:

Cut bacon into one inch size piece (use cheap bacon it works best)
Get Two cans of whole water chestnuts
Get tooth pics
Wrap bacon around water chestnuts and secure with a tooth pic
Bake in oven at 425 until they are crispy
Drain grease and pour BBQ sauce over all of them return to oven and bake for 5 minutes

My girls love making these and they are sooooooo good they won't last more than 1/2 hr there lol:-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SarahMommie
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM
If you want to do desert you could make a box cake and a large box of pudding.
Year cake into pieces later cake/pudding/ then whip cream we put chocolate chips on the top it's really good also:-)
adamsmom0116
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM

If you're short on time, what about an easy snack tray - live a veggie tray or fruit and cheese tray? Or cheese and crackers? She could take a smalll cookie cutter and cut the cheese into cute shapes like stars or flowers or whatever.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:02 AM
I'm sorry, I just saw this.

What did you end up making?
sunshine389142
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

No problem.  They made pigs-in-a-blanket.  It was a good thing we made a non-dessert item though.  According to her uncle, there was only 2 other people who brought something besides dessert.  One also made pig-in-a-blanket and one made wings - oh and someone did bring a fruit tray.  Other than that, it was all dessert.  Of the 48 DD and her uncle made, only 2 came home - and they had a lot of fun!

:-)

Quoting Noni2319:

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Yay!

Quoting sunshine389142:

No problem.  They made pigs-in-a-blanket.  It was a good thing we made a non-dessert item though.  According to her uncle, there was only 2 other people who brought something besides dessert.  One also made pig-in-a-blanket and one made wings - oh and someone did bring a fruit tray.  Other than that, it was all dessert.  Of the 48 DD and her uncle made, only 2 came home - and they had a lot of fun!

:-)

Quoting Noni2319:

AmosFarkle
by AmyV on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Yeah, I missed this too!  Sowwy....  Glad hers was a hit!  My only suggestion would've been to make rolled up burrito shells with sandwich stuff inside and cut into little rounds.  She could've done everything but the cutting.  Oh, well.

wendums1229
by Wendi on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM

don' feel bad i'm a day late and a dollar short too :~@(

sorry I missed your post been putting in flower beds

Quoting AmosFarkle:

Yeah, I missed this too!  Sowwy....  Glad hers was a hit!  My only suggestion would've been to make rolled up burrito shells with sandwich stuff inside and cut into little rounds.  She could've done everything but the cutting.  Oh, well.

sunshine389142
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Not a problem!  Thank you all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)