Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Meal Solutions Family Meal Solutions

What's for dinner? 4/30

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:59 AM
  • 14 Replies
I haven't decided yet. I'm feeling a little icky today so it will be something quick and easy.
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
txmom-o-3
by Kathy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:57 AM

We are having potato soup and home made beer bread for dinner.  I got everything prepped for the soup last night so all I have to do is go dump it all in the crock pot before heading off to work.  I've also got to go out to the garden to snip off some thyme.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Yum! That sounds really good.

Quoting txmom-o-3:

We are having potato soup and home made beer bread for dinner.  I got everything prepped for the soup last night so all I have to do is go dump it all in the crock pot before heading off to work.  I've also got to go out to the garden to snip off some thyme.

givenshl
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I'm thinking BBQ Chicken Breast, Peas and Stove Top Stuffing.

catchup29
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Chili Mac, with smart ground.  We are trying to stay off red meat.  I just need to go and pick up some tomatos after work.  I have to decide if I'm going to do a salad or maybe some seasoned/toasted bread, or both.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Sounds good

Quoting givenshl:

I'm thinking BBQ Chicken Breast, Peas and Stove Top Stuffing.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Yum.

We use a lot of ground turkey.

Quoting catchup29:

Chili Mac, with smart ground.  We are trying to stay off red meat.  I just need to go and pick up some tomatos after work.  I have to decide if I'm going to do a salad or maybe some seasoned/toasted bread, or both.

tiredmom29
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Have homemade meatballs in crockpot ill let them decide if they want subs with them or spaghetti def a salad

MrsBridges19
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Crock-Pot Jambalya

Ingredients

1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
1 pound smoked turkey sausage, sliced
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
3 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
1 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 tsp minced garlic
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon dried thyme

white rice or instant rice (I used 2 packs of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice - Garlic & Butter flavor)

Directions

In a slow cooker, mix the chicken, sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, garlic, celery, and broth. Season with oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and thyme. (I do this the night before and put it in the fridge. I put it in the slow cooker before I leave in the morning.)

Cover, and cook 7 to 8 hours on Low, or 3 to 4 hours on High. Mix in cooked rice cook for about 15 minutes to warm through.

Trying this for the first time tonight.  My husband is from Louisiana so I thought I'd give it a try.  If he says it's better than his mom's, I'll consider it a success.

paytonleximomma
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I am making baked chicken in the oven, cheese mashed potatoes, fruit salad, peas, and cottage cheese.  I have recently started making healthier meals for my family and am please to say that my kids are taking to it very well.

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Either sounds really good.

Quoting tiredmom29:

Have homemade meatballs in crockpot ill let them decide if they want subs with them or spaghetti def a salad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN